Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
The Accounting team is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist who will be an integral part of professionalizing our global AP processes. Given the nature of our globally distributed team we need this role to sit in the eastern half of the US . It’s imperative that you enjoy working from home, or an unaffiliated coworking space if you do not live adjacent to an Elastic workplace.
What You Will Be Doing:
In partnership with three international and US teammates passionate about global AP, your focus will be AP in EMEA. You will collaborate with various teammates including GL Accounting, AR, tax, treasury, FP&A, internal audit, operations, and outside partners. In addition, you will:
- Receive, code, enter, and process invoices
- Work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements
- Analyze and authorize expense reports
- Record AP cash transactions
- Participate in the automation and integration of payments into our bank
- Prepare weekly cash payment forecasts
- Build vendor relationships
- Create ad hoc reporting for various partners throughout the company
What You Bring Along:
An eye for detail when it comes to accuracy within our systems and an ability to plan and organize to ensure we’re supporting our partners fairly and reimbursing employees quickly. Prior experience working in NetSuite and SAP Concur is a hard requirement.
You have experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment and you are no stranger to building and optimizing the processes necessary to keep us growing without stumbling. In fact, you’re excited to share some of the significant improvements you’ve made in past situations with us!
If that’s you, hopefully you also have:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of professional AP experience
- Domestic and international invoice processing experience + knowledge of foreign exchange rates
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Dedicated problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a distributed, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Experience with VAT in the EMEA region
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at email@example.com. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
- Total Years Experience 0-5