The Change.org Foundation empowers millions of people to use technology to build social movements and create transformational change. With staff teams in 10 countries, 95 million users, a growing base of user-generated revenue, and thousands of campaign victories every year, our model is a proven engine for social change and citizen leadership, with incredible potential to grow.
We are hiring a Regional Coordinator to directly support the Regional Director and our teams in Asia. In this role you’ll get to work in partnership to build a collaborative and supportive Asia community, made up of a group of passionate people working on the frontlines of social change in the region. You’ll get insight into the core operations of an exciting and growing global organization that’s empowering millions of people around the world.
The work ranges from supporting the Regional Director on coordination and administrative tasks related to running the region, to building a plan for and executing against a regional culture plan to ensure that in this new age of remote work, our people have what they need to feel connected, supported, and excel in their roles. We’re looking for a driven self-starter who can jump right in, with a strong growth mindset and an ability to connect with people and bring them together in fun, creative ways. We’re also looking for someone who is organized and can keep track of the small details while driving towards our regional vision.
This position is part- or full-time, based anywhere in Asian timezones.
The Regional Coordinator will work together with the Regional Director, performing the following support functions, among others:
- Coordinate regional calls and meetings with our teams across the region (we currently have in-country operations in Thailand, Japan, India, and Indonesia)
- Support regional culture by facilitating fun connecting activities for staff in the region and globallySupport in the creation of strategic documents for the region
- Facilitate the tracking and reporting of objectives, metrics and regional results within the region and to our global stakeholders
- Supporting tracking of the Regional Budget Support with the administration related to recruitment as we begin to build new country operations
- Time allowing, be responsible for tracking news, monitoring campaigns, and suggesting content for the email programs of high priority, non-staffed countries in the region
Candidates should have the following skills (or the ability to learn quickly!):
- Speak English and at least one other Asian language
- Strong capabilities in organization and coordination, and be able to use online tools to facilitate good project management
- Strong strategic capacity to support leadership in the region on key projects High degree of comfort with online communications
- Be familiar with Google spreadsheets and have the ability to manipulate and present data
- Have a strong positive attitude, flexibility, and resilience in order to support happy staff and productive work culture across the Asia team
We are looking for a person with passion for social change, citizen mobilization, the fight against injustice and knowledge of Asian politics that can develop their talent together with a team in the technological vanguard of citizen campaigns.
We are open to candidates seeking both part-time and full-time work, and will mold the role to the strengths and schedule for the right person. Those seeking a part-time role should know that the responsibilities will require at least a 50% time commitment of a 40 hour work week.
The person can be based anywhere in Asia with a strong internet connection. We will not be working from any of our physical offices until at least early 2021 due to covid-19.
Please apply with a cover letter explaining your motivation to join the team and what you think could contribute and your resume.