We are currently looking for an experienced Proofreader/Editor with some knowledge of SEO to join our marketing team
MUST: English, Native or bilingual proficiency
Role Info: Proofreader/Assistant Editor
The Proofreader/Assistant Editor role requires you to have at least 1-2 years of experience in a similar role, either in an agency or in-house position, and would suit someone looking for their next career challenge in the digital marketing space.
The role is fast-paced, client-facing and requires an ability to multitask and manage multiple client campaigns.
The successful candidate will work with our content manager to oversee our SEO-focused Digital PR offering. In this role you’ll be responsible for owning, managing and developing our SEO and Digital PR service to ensure its success.
You’ll also be responsible for assisting with our agency’s own SEO and PR activities to ensure our continued success and increasing brand awareness.
We’re looking for an ambitious, proactive, super-organised and detail-oriented individual, who can work to tight deadlines.
You’ll need to be forward-thinking, able to push boundaries and have SEO at the forefront of your mind with all of the Digital PR campaigns that you produce.
…Our Proofreader/Assistant Editor will have:
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent proof-reading skills with good attention to detail
- Knowledge of search marketing and a good understanding of major marketing channels, specifically SEO
- Experience with Content Management Systems, specifically WordPress
- Experience using media databases
- Experience proofreading copy, fact-checking and rewriting existing copy
- Be highly creative
- Have experience working with content calendars
- Some experience with major social media platforms
- Be customer-oriented, with excellent communication skills
- Be able to multitask and good organisational skills, allowing you to manage your own time and workload – as well as those of the Execs in the team
- Be proactive and innovative on behalf of our agency, always looking for angles, hooks and ideas
- Have experience of working with, delivering and gaining coverage from journalists, specifically from tier one, regional, trade and business press
- Be used to working with editors from a variety of publications and adhering to strict editorial guidelines
The right person for this role will have the following essential key attributes/skills:
- A background in content editing/proofreading and copywriting with proven track record (a must)
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics & Search Console
- Experience, detailed knowledge of using media databases
- Experience of building content calendars
- Experience in researching and contributing to creative campaign ideas
- Self-motivated, comfortable working independently or as part of a team
- Comfortable pitching to and explaining your PR vision directly to clients
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Fluent English speaker.
- Excellent storyteller.
- A creative thinker who can work independently in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of online marketing strategies.
- Experience conducting research using multiple sources.
- Familiarity with social media (Reddit, Quora, and Hacker News in particular) – Advantage.
- B.A. in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Copywriting, English or a related field.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Portfolio of published articles – Advantage.
- Basic knowledge of Excel.
If you are ready to ‘hit the ground running’ for a wide variety of client SEO campaigns we’d love to hear from you.
Your Background / Previous Roles May Include:
Proofreader, Freelance Writer, Assistant Editor, PR Executive, Digital PR Expert, PR Specialist.