The Enterprise Service Management (ESM) Business Continuity Management Specialist role is responsible to ensure an effective enterprise Business Continuity Management (BCM) governance framework that is consistent with general regulatory requirements and industry best practices/standards is developed, maintained and adhered to across the Enterprise.
As part of the role the individual will be responsible to Define process, and governance models to operationalize Business Continuity Plan and periodic testing within Enterprise Technology, Build a practical plan to restore and recover services within a pre-determined time in case of a disaster; work with the existing DR & global BCM team in strengthening existing plan, Evaluate key vendor support contracts to ensure their alignment with ET BCM & DR plan
Our ideal candidate will have Disaster Recovery (DR), Business Continuity (BC), Crisis Management, and Risk Management experience working in IT environments. Accountable and Responsible for managing entire BC & DR projects deliverable with hands on exposure for people and financial management
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS FOR THE JOB:
- Ensure Business Continuity & Disaster recovery plans and exercises/tests are developed/conducted as per business requirements for all in scope IT functions within Enterprise Technology
- Hands on experience for conducting and managing the BIA and Risk Assessments; designing the BC strategies.
- Maintain a comprehensive IT DR Plan testing schedule and oversee the coordination of testing processes and resources
- Deep understanding of IT DR at both a technical and business level. In-depth knowledge of current best practices and technologies and their DR applications
- Experience working with and managing relationships with 3rd party DR providers, vendors, clients, and regulatory agencies
- Lead and manage the business during real time incident / crisis / emergency and act as per the established business continuity plan without time boundary
- Write executive reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery process solution orchestration for new applications – work with Solution Architect to establish the DR design and build
- Part of a team of ET BCM-risk management professionals who work with senior management in all lines of EY Technology business to coordinate business continuity governance activities
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the enterprise-wide business continuity management program including: development of tools and instructional guides
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining program processes and practices which effectively ensure that the enterprise program remains current and incorporates/aligns with industry standards and practices as appropriate, and adequately covers general regulatory requirements.
- Subject matter expert for business continuity management
ANALYTICAL/DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role requires a strong analytical acumen and solution orientation to understand the nuances of Business Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery process across cultures and geographic regions as well as within the IT organization. The role additionally requires consultative questioning and influence management skills as well as solid business knowledge of IT services and capabilities to identify the source of a service break and recommend viable solutions that will properly and efficiently resume service delivery.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Candidate must have an in-depth understanding of business continuity management and governance frameworks, strong knowledge of business continuity best practices and protocols, operational risk management, and in-depth knowledge and expertise of the IT Operations, including IT practices. Specific expertise should include:
- Overall 20+ years of experience in IT / ITES industry
- 10-12yrs of exp in Crisis, mission critical & Incident Management practices. understanding of industry practices and international standards. Including (ISO 22301, ISO 27001, BCI Good practice guides -DRII and BCI).
- ISO 22301 certification (or an equivalent certification) is a must
- Proficient in Stakeholder management, Business Continuity Management practices and protocols, including in-depth knowledge of international BCM standards promoted by BCI and DR. and ISO
- A strong understanding of Operational risk and resilience, Business Process improvement methods as well as risk related control frameworks and practices (ISO, ITIL, CMM, COBIT, etc.),
- All aspects of the IT infrastructure Operations and critical components and services, including the delivery mechanisms and IT associated with each, and the technical and operations infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of the Operational Risk Management methodology.
- Reasonable depth of exposure/understanding of Business Continuity Management processes and best practices.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress.
- Excellent team skills, both as a leader and as a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
- Highly developed relationship management, influencing and leadership skills.
- People Management –
- Lead, motivate, and coach a team of BCM Analysts
- BCM Trainings, Recruitment, and Performance management
Contingent on location, the role can be an individual contributor or may manage Business Continuity Management Analysts. As manager, the role requires seasoned management skills inclusive of recruiting staff, setting objectives aligned, reviewing accomplishments, coaching for success and counselling for improvement. Assigned staff may be remote based and/or in a work from home setting that will require distance management skills across locations, cultures and time zones. The role itself is generally guided by the BCM / ESM Lead
The role may also require the periodic allocation of additional time on the job to support multiple demands and escalating issues.
College degree in related technology field (Computer, Engineering, Science, etc.) or comparable job experience
Approximately 15+years of experience in an Operational/Service Management/ BCM role
ISO 22301, ITIL v2 or v3 or ITIL Foundations training, or higher level of ITIL Certification
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 20+