Instawork’s goal is to be the essential hiring engine for all businesses that support an hourly workforce. We create flexible opportunities for workers to earn additional income, build new skills, and even test out new employers prior to accepting full-time positions. Our vision is to organize the world’s labor force and make it as accessible to local businesses as tap water. Our mission to create economic opportunity for people to find work near them, and you will be vital to making this happen!
We’ve been fortunate to be funded by some of the greatest investors in Silicon Valley: Benchmark (Bill Gurley), Spark Capital (Nabeel Hyatt), Y-Combinator, SV Angel, CrunchFund, and many more. We’re growing rapidly and are expanding across the US. As a Community Partnerships Manager, you’ll be identifying and nurturing relationships with the right private/non-profit organizations that can connect us to people looking for work. To be successful you’ll be highly entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and results-focused. You’ll be a growth hacker at heart – driven to find scrappy and creative solutions to achieve results through ambiguity. And also adept managing internal and external stakeholders. You must be passionate, eager, and patient in making a difference.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Identify and manage a portfolio of community organizations with the aim of building a pipeline of qualified workers
- Create the strategy, plan, and reporting measures to show progress and results
- Identify, develop, and execute the marketing assets and cadences to keep them engaged
- Collaborate with PR, Operations, and other teams to amplify Instawork’s community engagement and impact
Required skills and experience:
- Great interpersonal skills — you must love working productively with people, especially around social impact work
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail. This includes setting up your own CRM, cadences, templates to build an efficient process for yourself and others
- Analytical chops to use data to build business cases and tell stories
- 3+ years in Partnerships Marketing, Account Management, or Public/Media Relations
- Experience volunteering or working with community organizations, from grassroots to big organizations
- Experienced in creating and presenting educational materials in multiple formats, from flyers to live presentations