Working for us
We’re a remote team, and our HQ is in Sydney, Australia. To work for us you need a stable internet connection, a passion for getting stuff done, outstanding communication skills, and to be tech savvy.
The successful candidate will be able to work remotely, but must be an Australian Resident or Citizen on an Aussie timeline (AEST through to AWST).
We have a few core values and expectations: empathy and kindness, that you be detail oriented, autonomous, know the product inside-out, and work creatively. We like to spend a minimal amount of time in meetings, and execute tasks and strategies at a fast pace.
We are looking for a full-time Content Writer for a 6-month contract (though this is a contract role, there is potential for full-time employment upon completion based on our evolving needs). You’ll be in charge of using the Paperform voice to educate and entertain our audience through comprehensive content pieces. If you’re a thorough researcher who can absorb new concepts quickly and communicate them effortlessly, this is the perfect role for you.
Day to day, you’ll be spending most of your time writing high-quality content for the Paperform Blog, as well as innovative articles for our partner websites and collaborators. This is a role that requires expert time-management skills as you’ll be working with a diverse content calendar, creating briefs for guest writers and using your natural writing skills to create high-quality content at scale.
An ideal candidate will be self-motivated, take initiative and ownership of their responsibilities, and be extremely competent in solving problems without needing to be micromanaged. Working as part of a remote team, you will be expected to be able to communicate clearly with the team over a variety of different mediums (video calls, Asana, Slack etc.), be comfortable with raising issues or questions along the way, and providing insights. Above all, as part of a growing and ever-scaling business, you need to strike a balance between ensuring systems are established and updating or changing these when the need arises.
- Writing: Creating content pieces from end-to-end for the Paperform Blog and our partner websites. This includes conducting thorough topic research, as well as working with advanced SEO tools to create optimized content that ranks.
- Content editing: Editing the work of outsourced writers to match the Paperform voice and tone.
- Content marketing collaborations: Working with the wider Content team to optimize content for SEO purposes and find internal linking opportunities.
- Managing external writers: Creating comprehensive content briefs for external writers.
- Opportunities to shape the Paperform voice and tone with your writing expertise.
Important Skills and Experience:
- Writing skills: We’re looking for a natural writer who loves to write above all else. Preference given to those with a portfolio of published content.
- Research skills: We’re looking for someone who can understand new concepts quickly, as this role will often involve writing about unfamiliar topics.
- SEO & content marketing experience: We’re looking for someone who has a basic understanding of SEO concepts and can apply these to content writing to create high-ranking articles.
- Communication skills: We’re looking for someone with the ability to communicate well with a fast-paced team over digital channels such as Slack, email, Asana and Google Hangouts. Tech savviness is a bonus!
- Experience: Previous writing experience is highly preferred.
- Self Starter / Self motivated: Take ownership of their role, and drive it to completion with minimal supervision. You’ve got to thrive on making sense from chaos!
You’re a good fit if you…
- Communicate well online, and don’t like to be coddled.
- Can’t sleep if you know there’s a better way of doing something, or a way to solve a problem.
- Try everything in your power to solve an issue before assigning it to someone else.
- Enjoy moving super fast on tasks and campaigns, and loathe death by meetings.
- Take ownership of your work, and can manage projects and work to deadlines.
- Have a high level of spoken English.
- Have strong attention to detail and can spot a typo from a mile away.
- Can work autonomously, and thrive when given responsibility.
What happens after you apply?
If your application is being considered, we’ll invite you to a video conference call interview. We’ll provide more info on these steps if you progress.
We receive a high volume of applications for every role we post – please be patient as we review and give every candidate the attention they deserve. We will get back to you, even if you are not successful.