Are you passionate about helping retail companies revolutionize the way they do business? Are you looking for a career that allows you to work with the world’s best-known brands and Fortune 1,000 leaders?
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
At Retail Zipline, the Customer-Centric Engineering group is responsible for resolving some of the most difficult technology problems that our customers and partners face. In the process, we use our expertise and tight relationships to our teams and customers to improve the Retail Zipline product experience for all stakeholders. We are known for taking complex procedures and making them easy to understand and implement. We are an integral part of the wider engineering group. We contribute towards our core product offerings, and also share our tools and best practices so that we all learn and grow together.
As a Customer-Centric Engineer, you will investigate, reproduce, and diagnose complex issues affecting our customers. You should be passionate about solving tough technical problems and recommending improvements to products and processes. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, patience, and communication. You display a bias towards action and will be supported in taking the initiative to delight our customers, both internally and externally.
- Building a self-service setup for customer onboarding
- Architecting the ETL process for retail hierarchy data
- Improving and automating internal product actions
- Consuming data from and integrating with 3rd party systems
- Automating developer and operation functionality
- Collaborate with the rest of the team on new features that customers will love
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Respond to customer inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving
- Determine, record, and work with the team to revise current procedures to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Combine technical expertise with customer service to work towards a resolution.
- Strong background in Ruby development
- Good understanding of web Services, API and IP based protocols
- Understanding of PostgreSQL/MySQL or other database systems
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills and a real passion for problem-solving
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Understanding/Experiences in scripting languages (Perl, Shell)
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
More about you:
- Desire to improve the lives of our customers and internal team through your thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence or befriend all levels within an organization.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
What’s In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get our and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with a fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More!