Olo is seeking a customer support enthusiast to join the Customer Support Team as a Customer Support Specialist. The Customer Support Team plays a crucial role within Olo’s Customer Success Team by providing the first level of support for our customers and their franchisees. A successful Customer Support Specialist will triage and address online customer support requests and phone calls that come into our support team while also working with the Customer Success Team to improve documentation and processes to decrease escalations. Olo’s Support platform is available 7 days a week 9:00am-12:00am EST.
We are looking for a full-time team member to cover the 9:00-6:00pm EST shift.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide support to customers and their franchisees during all phases of the Olo lifecycle as they adopt, use and manage Olo’s various products.
- Liaise between the customer and Customer Success team to provide clear and accurate troubleshooting solutions via our support management system, Zendesk, or telephone.
- Provide support in partnership with the Customer Success team to diagnose, research, document and resolve escalated issues.
- Coordinate with Customer Success team to help draft, edit, and maintain both internal and customer-facing documentation, including multimedia tutorials and webinars, with a goal to eliminate tickets and address customer questions without escalation.
- Learn about Olo’s developing product offerings, particularly as they relate to and could potentially solve recurring customer issues.
- Provide feedback on internal processes and best practices in an effort to continually improve the customer experience and overall customer support flow.
- Attend internal and customer-facing training to learn about product enhancements.
- Support customer accounts to maintain favorable, long-term relationships.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Up to one year experience providing customer support via phone or email.
- Ability to work nights & weekends. Workdays will rotate, requiring all Customer Support Specialists to work 1-2 weekend shifts a month. Customer Support Specialists hired for the day shift will be required to provide coverage for the night shift occasionally and Customer Support Specialists hired for the night shift will be required to provide coverage for the day shift occasionally.
- Passion for solving customers’ problems; ability to solve problems by utilizing available tools/resources.
- Avid interest in the restaurant industry.
- Ability to work independently when needed, as well as collaborate across multiple teams.
- Embodies teamwork, open communication, excellence in service, integrity, and accountability.
- Knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office, Google Drive, etc.), as well as strong internet navigation skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work with detailed procedures and program guidelines.
- Self-motivated quick Learner.
- Great attention to detail.
- Legally able to work in the United States.
Nice to Have
- Experience working for a software, SaaS, or technology company.
- Experience using ticketing systems such as Zendesk to process and resolve support requests.
- Experience using CRM tools such as Salesforce.com or Pipedrive.
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day. Olo is our extended family.
- We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle. Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients’ menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!
- Work Timings 9:00-6:00pm EST shift