FincluS is a Bengaluru, India based start-up focused on revolutionizing the age-old conventional methods of borrowing, lending and financial transactions. FincluS- which in simple terms means Financial Inclusion and Speed. We aim at simplifying borrowing and lending and resolving credit issues using first design principle thinking coupled with our hunger to challenge the status quo and achieve financial inclusion globally. We at FincluS highly value openness, originality, integrity and transparency.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate, self-driven, and tactful individual working with us to achieve our ambition of financial freedom and inclusion.
We are looking for a Data Scientist interested in solving one of the world’s largest problems: financial inclusion. If this excites you and you love working with data and people to help achieve financial freedom, then we would love to talk to you.
- Leverage a unique, diverse, and deep data set to find connections across these data sources.
- Communicate findings to the team and integrate them into models.
- Own the full-cycle of a model from ideation and training through deployment into our production environment.
- This might be a credit model, fraud model, marketing model, or an iteration of an existing model.
- Monitor model – Performance once deployed and iterate rapidly if necessary.
- Contribute and share your findings and knowledge of data science and other modeling with all appropriate cross-functional teams.
- Partner with the Engineering team to develop, test and deploy models.
- Pull data from MySQL or other data stores, handling all the ETL from the DB to running the model to obtaining a decision.
- 2+ years of experience in a data science role or equivalent position.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field.
- Fluent in Python and packages related to machine learning.
- Experience with maintaining data science models in a production environment.
- Experience with data querying languages, and statistical or mathematical software.
- Proficient in writing algorithms, and knowing when to apply them.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in building fraud, credit, or risk models
- Expertise in NLP, network analysis, or geospatial analysis.
- Problem solving skills – You thrive on finding novel solutions to hard problems. These problems may have ranged from extracting a new dataset from an unexpected source, to building cohorts for customer retention analysis, or the Times of india Saturday crossword.
- Outstanding communication skills -You know your stuff is complicated, but can you communicate complex ideas to others in a manner that is easily understood and digestible.
- Curious and a Self-learner – You should have the ability to ask questions, and find answers till your curiosity is curbed.
- Open minded with excellent team-skills – We are looking for diverse and open minded individually with teamwork and adaptability skills.
Experience: total work: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid leaves / Leave encashment
- Travel allowance
- Work from home
- Flexible work hours
- Education assistance
- Phone / Internet reimbursement
- Salary Offered ₹50,000.00 to ₹60,000.00 /month