The Datacenter Leader will be responsible for the achievement of assigned sales goals and superior customer engagement and manage to provide maximum regional coverage and market penetration. This role will have the focus on developing, managing, and supporting STL’s Datacenter solutions business in the market.
Leveraging Sterlite competencies, personal development tools, and management best practices will insure both the growth of the team and focused execution of our GTM strategy. In order to develop our markets and people, utilization of Sterlite’s standard performance metric and milestone tools to manage accountability and monitor performance and development needs of the team will be a key component of this role.
- Business-development within the (specified) Accounts / Region including delivering accurate market analysis, identifying new opportunities; expanding Sterlite’s market penetration across the range of products ,services & software.
- To originate, develop and grow customer relationships and sales accounts across the (specified) region, meeting agreed sales volume, revenue, profitability and product-line targets
- Define a comprehensive market and sales strategy for the (specified) accounts for near-term (current – 1 year) and medium term (1 – 2 years)
- Define and seek agreement of operational plan that ensures delivery of strategic business objectives for the (specified) accounts; ensure key stakeholder agreement to and engagement with the operational plan
- Quantify and set volume, revenue, profitability, product-line and accounts’ sales targets and ensure delivery of the same.
- Originate and deliver comprehensive and appropriate responses to customer RFQs
- Liaise effectively with internal partners (domestic & International), to meet specified customer needs as well as commitments to the customer
- Provide effective, accurate and timely sales and account forecasting.
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship with the key influencers at the Key Account Organization
- Complete Key Account ownership for specific key accounts
Achievement Orientation / Results Focus / Negotiation & Relationship Management / Teamwork & Collaboration Market Knowledge & Awareness / Technical & Product Expertise / Sales Techniques and Process Expertise / Entrepreneurial Drive and Creativity
Experience & Education:
- Minimum 12+ Years of experience
- Extensive experience regional responsibility in Telecom; key account management to at least regional levels is critical.
- Demonstrated key account management success delivering sales & marketing targets over time
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding, addressing and managing against the technical and market requirements of customers in a fast-moving, demanding and long sales-cycle business
- Knowledge of Datacenter market
- Significant experience with employee development and management
- Conduct and/or participate in high-level sales calls, sales meetings, training, in-house demonstration for sales prospects, etc
- Communicate standards and expectations of Segment and Regional performance.
- Develop, execute and manage a Hi-Pot customer strategy within the Region
- Coordinate team best practice sharing with cross functional teams, and Executive leadership awareness and involvement in Regional efforts.
- Support customers’ needs and work with cross functional teams and support resources as necessary
- Development, management, and communication of Regional sales plan and performance
- Effective management experience with customers and partners in the industry
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make decisions
- Practical understanding of policy and program impact on the business
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
Bachelors of Engineering and/or MBA / Business Masters
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20