Are you an experienced developer who has considered becoming a developer advocate, but hated the idea of all that travel? Or are you an experienced DA that wants to settle down at home? In this role, you’ll create compelling online experiences for developers from your home. Come build the best possible experience for developers. Help tell the story of Universal Code Search.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute all types of online engagement with developers. Live casts, webinars, online training, live coding, online meetups, online office hours, podcasts, interviews, twitch, you can probably name 10 more.
- Code. Create code samples and demos.
- Be active on Developer social media. Have an opinion and a point of view.
- Nurture a community. Answer questions in StackOverflow and other developer media.
- Connect with customers. Speak directly to our developer users about their business needs, technical landscapes, and pain points. Give demos.
- Become a product expert. Steep yourself in the experiences that developer users have, and demonstrate the value of Universal Code Search.
- Loves to be live online, and is a great show person and a great communicator. Maybe you have a personal youtube channel, podcast, or a side gig as a standup comic.
- Has 3-5+ years of experience working as a developer a tech company or a Fortune 500 company or with at least 100 developers.
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30-minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role. You submit a portfolio of your best online content.
- We schedule a set of remote interviews.
- Technical experience: Our engineering team evaluates your technical background.
- Online presence: You give a compelling technical webcast about a topic of your choice.
- Team collaboration: We ask you about how you work and communicate in a team setting, and how you handle tricky situations.
- CEO/CTO: We ask you about what motivates you to do your best work, and we tell you more about the vision for the company.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.