We are pragmatic crafters who believe in smart and focused development, building products iterating rapidly to validate and falsify ideas, and pursuing perfection in every interaction.
This position is responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly and performant for a large Amazon AWS based SaaS solution. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation/management and continuous improvement.
The role will encompass the use of a broad range of AWS technologies, deep comprehension of operating systems (Unix & Linux), networking, application environments, with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles in a cost effective manner.
Core Role Responsibilities
- Providing guidance and expertise on system options, risk, impact and costs vs. benefits, create and share operational requirements and development forecasts to allow for timely and accurate planning of projects
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based micro service architecture and managing build, release and configuration for clusters on testing, staging and production systems.
- Ensuring the high availability, performance and scalability of production systems.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, giving recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Routine application maintenance.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
- Strong Linux system administration background.
- Hands on experience provisioning infrastructure on AWS, writing Infrastructure as code, experience working with services like EKS / EC2 / RDS / LB / ASG / Cloudwatch / CloudTrail / VPC, should be fluent around aws cli and api using tools like terraform.
- Thorough understanding of microservices concepts/architecture and experience implementing containers in a microservices environment, experience of setting up and maintaining Kubernetes clusters is a must, with understanding of packaging management using helm and service discovery and connection using consul or istio is a plus.
- Building observability into services via instrumentation, logging, and tracing, experience with open source monitoring and logging technologies such as Prometheus and ELK
- Knowledge of AWS Instance type On-Demand, Reserve, Spot.
- Configured server images, optimized the task performance in correspondence with the engineers.
- Strong experience with setting, maintaining CI/CD for both server & serverless applications using GitLab or other related tools
- Worked on various platforms with different programming languages, servers and databases.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or equivalent professional experience
Good To Have
- Experience educating engineers about what to log, measure and alert on with an emphasis on surfacing trends to be used for SLA/O analysis
- Experience in building analysis tooling and processes to provide mature mechanics to help users understand the state of a distributed system at a given point in time.
- Experience in creating and delivering performance monitoring and insights for bespoke platforms via dashboards, scorecards and ad hoc analysis.
- Cloud, ISO, ISMS, PCI DSS etc audit experience plus.
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Postgresql, MySQL).
- Networking: Experience on AWS VPC configuration, VPC peering , Nat Gateways, Network Interfaces understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Grafana / Prometheus / Alert Manager.
- Hands on on writing Terraform, Ansible/Chef Playbooks for infra management.
Why should I be excited to work here?
No one will watch over your shoulder, and you won’t have to spend time watching over anyone else’s either. We’re a talented team of doers. There’s little bureaucracy, and we hate blocking. Our product managers spend their time making sure you can get things done in the way that best suits your preferences and the project needs.
Autonomy, creativity, thoughtfulness, trust: if you care about those things, you’ll be happy here. And more importantly, we’d be honored to hire you.
- Salary Offered ₹3L – ₹6L
- Total Years Experience 0-5