DevOps Engineering Manager
As the DevOps Engineering Manager, you will build and lead a team that covers cloud infrastructure setup and maintenance work, site reliability engineering, development tools, release management, security and overall performance.
In your role, you will proactively contribute to solutions that diminish operational issues, help application developers build highly scalable applications, and architect infrastructure as code to gain efficiencies and increase productivity across all FarEye initiatives. You will own the project roadmap for your team and balance operational support and regular releases with ongoing project work.
Our ideal candidate is deeply passionate about continuing to learn, creatively solving problems, and understands that through well-executed DevOps practices, the entire product and engineering team will become that much stronger.
- Evangelize and drive FarEye DevOps practices across the entire engineering team.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
- Work with appropriate stakeholder to ensure production issues are resolved quickly
- Help build and encourage developer-friendly deployments and proper software release management.
- Own the configuration and escalation process for monitoring and alerting
- Establish best practices in continuous integration and continuous deployment among a variety of internal software solutions.
- Promote strong quality control and security practices through continuous integration and continuous deployment implementations.
- Be a hands-on DevOps team manager who will spend up to 50% of their time in design reviews, sprint planning and other Agile artifacts. Some active coding and environment administration is a requirement for this role
- Experimenting with emerging technologies and prototypes and understanding how they will impact what comes next.
- Appreciate and advocate for information security and secure coding practices
- 10- 12 years of relevant experience as a DevOps engineer
- 3 years in a lead/management position, running systems in a large-scale AWS environment
- Expertise in all things AWS (EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda)
- Experience architecting containerized environments for micro-services
- Experience with docker and kubernetes.
- Expert in configuration management for a CI/CD environment using Jenkins / Ansible
- Experience with Java, Python, Go and/or Perl
- Developed and executed plans and testing for Disaster Recovery
- The ability to effectively communicate, problem solve collaboratively, and build consensus across teams
- Experience working in an agile environment
- The ability to prioritize, estimate, and oversee project work balanced with ongoing support
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- A passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20