The Olympic Channel is a multi-platform global media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, the Olympic Channel provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages.
The Olympic Channel was launched in August 2016 in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting the Olympic Channel are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota and Alibaba. The Olympic Channel is available worldwide at olympicchannel.com, its mobile apps and on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and the Roku platform.
At Olympic Channel Services, we are looking for a digital content coordinator who will oversee the content flow for Hindi. This person, who will be responsible for translation plus original content, will work closely with counterparts in Tokyo and manage a small group of editors assigned to the language. News judgement, ability to quickly adapt and adjust to rapidly changing environment and a steady hand are all essential to this role.
We’re looking for someone with passion for the Olympic Games to help us find and tell innovative, compelling stories in a creative and collaborative environment. This international team creates and sustains the international language sections of the official website of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Tokyo2020.org, which launched in February 2020.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead all content efforts and create compelling storytelling in language across all platforms
- At Games-time, manage team of four-six editors, plus work in close collaboration with language-specific social media team
- Coordinate/collaborate with Editor in Chief and news editors, Tokyo2020 colleagues and the Tokyo2020 digital team on best practices for content creation
- Create cross-platform content plans in collaboration with Tokyo2020 colleagues in other languages
- Create (through original reporting, aggregation or translation) relevant content in written format, with engaging headlines
- Put the Olympic fan at the centre of the conversation
- Set the priorities for content creation, production across all platforms, in coordination with digital team
- Establish a consistent tone and voice, engaging and appealing to Olympic fans across all platforms
- Assist with day-to-day content creation and community management for social handles to help build traffic and followers
- Comfortable using data to help inform decisions
- Responsible for real-time publishing, updating of content in fast-paced, pressure-filled environment
- Ensure all content meets IOC standards for integrity and production quality
- Help develop and implement an efficient global 24/7 workflow
- Write titles and metadata, implement and backstop proper tagging for both written and video content
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience with web content management systems
- Experience in a similar position, coordinating a consumer-facing website
- Solid news judgment, ability to think quickly and act appropriately under pressure
- Strong knowledge of Olympic sports
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices and what drives fan interest
- Proficient in using social media tools, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Fluent in English and Hindi
- At ease in international environment
- Self-starter, plus ability to work in a team; adaptability in changing environment
- In sync with Olympic values of friendship, excellence, respect
- Positive, open-minded personality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Work weekends, nights, holidays as required
- Detail-oriented, organized, effective multitasking
WORKPLACE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Fast paced work environment;
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks;
- Position commences in July 2020 and extends until August 2021
- This position is a remote Freelance opportunity