Who We Are
This is an opportunity to join a small business and challenge yourself with an accelerated learning curve and take on significant responsibility. You will report directly to the founder/CEO and learn how to run marketing for a >$1 Million eCommerce business.
- Location Independent
- Require least 2-3 hours of overlap with US West Coast business hours (9am-5pm Pacific Time)
- 8-12 weeks internship
- Potential opportunity for continued employment after internship
- Part-time. 15-25 hours per week.
- $15 per hour
- Attitude over experience: intellectual curiosity and proven interest in online marketing
- Native English fluency and strong oral and written communication
- Demonstrated ability for creative problem solving and resourcefulness
- Web and savviness
- Fast learner
- Create re-engagement email sequence in Klaviyo to improve subscriber retention, increase engagement, and drive additional revenue
- Create A/B test for website email capture pop-up offer
- Create co-branded email marketing campaign/giveaway to cross-promote our product with a complementary brand
- Create $100 Store Credit for COVID-19 Frontline Workers marketing campaign and promote via email, outreach/link building, and social
- Create viral giveaway promotion for sharing $100 store credit marketing campaign
- Work with the graphic designer to optimize Amazon listing images and highlight unique selling propositions of our product
- Keyword research for new SEO-optimized content marketing articles on the website
- Online pitching for reviewers, affiliates, and SEO link building
- You’re expected to pick up and learn new software and tools that you’ve never used before. You will be provided training; however, you’re expected to pick them up quickly and become productive in a very short period of time.
- More often than not, you’ll be given a goal and a rough sketch of how to approach the problem. You WILL NOT be given step-by-step instructions on how to succeed. You’ll be required to do research, be resourceful, and come up with solutions on your own.
- This job is only for people with attention to detail. Include your resume and cover letter in PDF format and include your favourite dentist joke in your cover letter.
- Parts of the job will feel like a grind and require perseverance. For example, when pitching for SEO link building, it may take dozens of outreach emails to successfully land a link.
- Weekly one-on-one Zoom meeting with Founder/CEO
- Asana for project management & communication
- Additional Zoom meetings if real-time discussion is more efficient than asynchronous communication
What You Will Learn
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- eCommerce metrics and analytics
- Software tools (Ahrefs, Klaviyo, etc.), basic HTML/CSS
- Salary Offered $15 per hour
- Work Timings Require least 2-3 hours of overlap with US West Coast business hours (9am-5pm Pacific Time)