Shogun, and we’re on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 10,000 active paying clients, and we’re preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
Meticulous and exceptionally organized. You’re curious, love to solve problems, and you often notice things others miss. You’re an exceptional communicator with an affinity for quality.
In This Role You Will
- Define how we should be testing our applications. Our frontend is a React application, our backend is a Rails application. They are on different repositories, with different deployments, and we want to test it end-to-end.
- Create, prepare, review, develop and execute quality test cases.
- Reverse engineer and understand business requirements by analyzing the existing system to develop test plans, test scenarios, test cases & test data.
- Perform root-cause analysis of identified failures.
- Identify defects and recommend appropriate course of action.
- Monitor and track quality related issues and problems through resolutions.
- On the Ruby side: Cucumber, Capybara, RSpec and Rails experience.
- Experience with CircleCI or similar.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- 2+ yrs of experience in software testing with a focus on web applications.
- Demonstrated experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Strong communication skills, as will need to be in touch with other teams.
- Gherkin language knowledge.
- Shopify, BigCommerce or any other e-commerce platform experience.
- Prior experience working remotely.
- Prior experience working for a startup.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class