Please note that this opportunity is available for candidates based in India.
Role and Responsibilities:
Our editing team provides language and other publication support services to authors across the globe. Our clients are predominantly researchers whose first language is not English.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Edit manuscripts written by non-native authors to ensure that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
- Meet deadlines
- Receive training to become adept at the points mentioned above
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY:
- Flexibility. You can work from anywhere in India.
- You will receive training to become adept at editing.
- You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in any sub-specialization of Earth and Environmental Science.
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY:
- Take this short practice test to get a sense of the type of questions asked: bit.ly/mock-mcqs
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: http://bit.ly/lnkdinminm
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics
Once you are done, you should be better prepared for the actual test.
For any questions and concerns, email Payal Mehta at email@example.com.