The Fourth Estate is looking for a reliable Editorial Assistant with fine attention to detail, a strong work ethic, a love for news and current events, and a fondness for data and research.
The Editorial Assistant (EA) provides important assistance with news details in the news department by performing functions that will include, but not limited to, the following:
- monitoring and curating global news and bulletins,
- compiling news planners and agendas,
- conduct research as needed,
- basic news-writing skills,
- compiling biographies,
- assisting journalism staff with research, and
- other duties as assigned
Who we are
We are an international, non-partisan, human rights, membership organization dedicated to an engaged and informed public, well equipped with quality information needed to make informed decisions by a strong free press.
The organization’s initiatives include: advocacy, publicity efforts, investments, and strategic litigation strategies. Our name references a segment of society that wields an indirect but significant influence on society even though it is not a formally recognized part of the political system.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Both full-time and part-time positions are available. There is flexibility in hours is allowed. Occasional evenings and weekend may be required as job duties and the news-cycle demands.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates virtually. This role requires access and use of a computer, telephone, and broadband internet.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED or comparable experience
- Native level mastery of written and spoken English
- Proofreading experience.
- Broad knowledge of current news and events, and trending topics
- Comfortable on all social media platforms
- Comfortable learning new technology.
- Hourly pay
- Flexible schedule
- This position reports virtually to our Washington, DC office, however remote applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged.