Our mission at Product Hunt is to surface great products every day and support makers building the future.
Product Hunt is a fully distributed team across 7 timezones. This full-time role is available for remote candidates from anywhere in the world, but you’ll need to be available from 5am to 11am Pacific Time Monday-Friday (the rest of your hours can be worked flexibly at your convenience).
Your primary responsibilities will include writing the Product Hunt daily newsletter and executing editorial projects. As the Editorial lead you will also be tasked with growth initiatives for both the newsletter and blog content to help grow our online presence to reach new audiences.
- Drafting the weekly and daily digest newsletters to hundreds of thousands of subscribers
- Interviewing experts in design, marketing, engineering, cooking, parenting, music, and many other crafts
- Taking lead on the brand voice for content across both Product Hunt and YourStack
- Running growth experiments to help attract new subscriber and readers
What We’re Looking For
- Love for all things tech. New product launches, features, and startups are your bread and butter. If you find yourself spending hours on Twitter, subscribed to all the tech newsletters and following individuals and teams building incredible products, this role is for you.
- A passion for writing. You may be a former journalist or simply love the written word. This role will suit a storyteller.
- Attention to detail. An attentiveness to detail and organization is important. You should enjoy editing blog posts and fixing even the most minor grammatical errors.
- Entrepreneurial flare. You love to plan and execute your own initiatives. From the moment inspiration strikes to analysing the results, you feel confident running projects and experiments autonomously.
If this list (without exceptions) gets you pumped, we want to hear from you.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Fully remote position
- Salary is dependent on location/cost of living and experience
How We Work
Every person adds to the culture of our team. We look for people that are:
- Curious – Product Hunt was founded with an experimental mindset, an important principle when building something new
- Authentic – People seek authenticity more than ever. It’s a value we hope to demonstrate inside and outside the company.
- Bold – Each person on the team should feel empowered to take measured risks to create outsized impact
- Empathetic – Launching a product is anxiety-inducing. It’s important each person on the team can empathize with makers and our community.
- Kittenish – We’re serious about our work, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun 🙂
We’re a distributed team across 9 countries including Bulgaria, Canada, France, India, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States. It’s important to us to build an inclusive team – across gender, ethnicity and experiences – to best serve our global community.
Benefits / Perks
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Gym stipend – Your health is important to us, too
- Fluid work schedule – We don’t believe in face time, work when you’re most productive (outside the hours noted above)
- Generous vacation time – Hard work deserves time off, so please take it
- Live wherever – We don’t care if you WFH or work from Hawaii (our team is fully distributed)
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds exciting and you’re able to meet the time commitment (we welcome people outside the US!), please follow these steps:
First, apply via AngelList here.
Second, send firstname.lastname@example.org your answers to the following:
- Why do you want to join the Product Hunt team for this specific role? What makes it a good fit?
- What’s your favorite product you’ve recently discovered?
- What’s your Product Hunt username and Twitter handle?
- Please send a link or attachment to a previous article, post or newsletter that you have written and are proud to share
- Most importantly, what’s your favorite emoji? 😉
- Salary Offered $45k – $90k • 0.1% – 0.3% equity