Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
Mattermost is seeking an experienced full stack Software Engineer to help build, improve, and maintain our Enterprise level products. The Enterprise team focuses on features in the Enterprise market space including authentication, compliance, data retention, and analytics. The Enterprise team develops across the entire Mattermost stack including Server, WebApp and Mobile. This position will develop on both our Open Source and Closed Source code bases.
- Participate in full lifecycle development
- Work closely with product managers and UI/UX designers to analyze requirements
- Design and implement full stack features
- Help drive the architecture of the Mattermost Server Application
- Maintain and improve existing codebases
- Review peer code changesLiaise with colleagues regarding technical issues
- Investigate new technologies when relevant
- Enhance existing application by identifying opportunities for improvement
- Make recommendations for design and implementation improvements
- Create automated Unit an End-to-End test scenarios
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics related field
- 5+ years of full stack software engineering experience
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Ability to work independently in an asynchronous team environment
- Ability to manage cross-team coordination and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Knowledge of various authentication methods including SAML, ADFS, LDAP and OAUTH.
- Understanding of Enterprise Authentication
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Total Years Experience 5-10