Freelance Proofreader (Telugu)
- Read and evaluate written text for grammatical and typographical errors
- Liaise with writers and editors to determine the composition of specific texts in a document
- Compare typeset proofs against original copy to identify errors or omission
- Use word processors and other specialized software to make changes on typeset documents
- Evaluate the dimensions of page elements such as images, text spacing and positioning to ensure they conform to set specifications
- Ensure page numbers are in the right order and not repeated or omitted
- Analyze documents to ensure chapter titles match list of contents
- Mark corrections highlighted by editors/authors and ensure they reflect on the master set proof
- Rephrase written text to ensure document structure and content are consistent
- Stay abreast with grammatical development as well as new terminologies in a language
- Ensure illustrations are suitably captioned and referenced
- Contact Translators/Editors/Typesetters directly to clarify grammatical inconsistencies related to style and text choice
- Forward proofread materials for approval and publication
- Ensure project is completed within set time constraints.
Requirements for Proofreader Role:
If you are seeking to work as a proofreader in respective languages, the following are important qualities and attributes you must require to qualify for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree most preferably in English.
- 2 years of experience proofreading or editing written content.
- Knowledge of standard proofreading practices, procedures, and concept is also required.
- Attention to details: able to identify and rephrase grammatical errors to ensure an error-free text.
- Teamwork skill: at working with authors, editors, and typesetters to publish comprehensible write-ups
- Spelling/Grammar Skill: able to correctly assemble words and apply them in writing.
Interested candidates can contact on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5