Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Talent Portal team is responsible for providing the best experience for our talent network who have completed our vetting process and are looking for new opportunities. Our main goal is to ensure every member of our talent network connects with clients timely to meet engagement requirements.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- We are in the process of migrating to a brand new separate application using state-of-the-art technologies such as GraphQL and React with all the latest bells and whistles. For frontend developers interested in building and having an impact on a product that changes the professional life of many people, this is the team to be.
- At the same time, our stack uses a solid, large and proven core built using Rails with excellent test coverage and world-class processes including great code reviews and cross-team knowledge-sharing.
- The culture is set for high-quality software, high-level interaction among teammates. Expect to make meaningful contributions from early on, and to have continuous learning opportunities, technical and interpersonal.
- Toptal’s Talent Portal Team is organized using Agile best practices. We are a focused and self-contained team with 2 Front-end developers, 4 Back-end developers, Automation QA Engineer, Product Manager, Designer, and a Team Lead.
- As a fully-distributed company, in fact, the largest in the world, we expect you to be self-reliant, independent, product-oriented but also extremely responsive and communicative, both in written and oral forms. This set of abilities will allow you geographic and time flexibility that is very rare in other work environments.
- 2 years experience developing production-grade React applications
- 3 years experience developing HTML5 and CSS3
- Fluency in Agile and Scrum
- Fluency in automated tests using Jest, React Testing Library and others
- Working proficiency with GraphQL and Apollo
- Experience with Styled Components
- Working proficiency in Ruby on Rails (nice to have)
- Fluency in CSS pre- and post-processing
- Fluency in JS frameworks outside the React ecosystem (nice to have)