Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
We are looking for an engineer with demonstrated experience in full stack software development, who excels at frontend development but has the breadth to work with cloud native systems such as Kubernetes. You’ll be designing and implementing critical parts of Mattermost’s upcoming SaaS product.
- Develop applications and services across front end, back end and infrastructure to build and support Mattermost’s new SaaS product
- Be an end-to-end owner of cloud-based services
- Contribute changes to the Mattermost product to improve the SaaS experience
- Follow our engineering best practices, and ensure alignment with our Leadership Principles
- Be a technical project owner, driving projects from requirements to completion stage
- Work with cloud native technologies, such as Kubernetes
- Write thoughtful and high quality code in React and Go
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools to solve emergent challengesParticipate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional software development experience
- 2+ years of previous experience as a developer with a user product development focus
- Strong experience with or an ability to quickly become an expert in Go and React
- Experience developing cloud native applications for Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Docker
- Familiarity with relational databases, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with distributed application systems using HTTP, WebSockets, RPC, pub/sub at scale
- Comfortable with GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, CircleCI
- Experience working in open source communities
- Total Years Experience 0-5