More than half of American workers live paycheck-to-paycheck. Instead of helping, the current generation of financial institutions take advantage, collectively extracting over $120 billion each year on payday loans, bank overdrafts, and fees. We’re trying to fix that by building new financial services that make it easier to plan ahead, pay down debt, and save. And we’re doing it as a transparent, straightforward business that only profits when our members do.
From increasing the savings rate to helping employees stay longer at their jobs, our product has a huge impact on our members’ lives. But the story of Even is still largely untold. You’ll change that. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this is a high impact role that requires significant collaboration across the company. You’ll leverage everything you’ve learned about media strategy, executive communications and storytelling to help make Even become not just a recognized brand, but an admired one.
What you’ll do:
- Design and execute a comms and PR strategy that drives brand recognition and awareness among our target audience
- Lead and craft company, product and data storytelling in pursuit of our mission
- Expand our business media coverage and industry influencer/partner relationships
- Hone, guide and implement our executive platform and thought-leadership efforts
- Oversee an agency team to extend our reach and accelerate your work
- Set goals and evolve your approach to meet them
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years experience, in both B2B and B2C, and a deep understanding of the fintech space
- Success driving ongoing recognition for purpose-driven brands
- Experience working in-house and preferably at a high-growth startup
- Existing relationships with tech and finance media and a history of successfully targeting and developing new ones
- Stellar writing—prose that’s clear and concise, yet compelling and approachable
- The ability to translate complex concepts into accessible stories
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to deliver a quality message and presence under pressured circumstances
- Experience developing and coaching executives to support comms
Even is used by people of all backgrounds, and we believe the best products are built by teams that represent their users. We value unique contributions and actively welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us at Even.