Chameleon is a platform for product success; enabling our customers to achieve their user engagement goals through effective in-product experiences.
We already have some incredible content on our blog and we’re looking for a Head of Content to help us produce high-value posts and execute their distribution.
If not already, you will become an expert on product-led growth, UX, user psychology and product management, product marketing and more!
The role (what you will do)
- Help create content strategy
- SEO research and tracking that maps to company strategy
- Own content roadmap; plan posts based on keywords and audience
- Determine focus on channels (e.g. blog posts vs. webinars vs. e-books)
- Create partnership strategy and establish marketing relationships
- Manage production of content
- Create outlines to help freelances write expert-level articles for our niches
- Manage distributed team of writers to meet quality and time expectation
- Publish content via our website CMS, editing as necessary (images, links, SEO, etc.)
- Collaborate and partner with external blog managers for guest posting
- Write or directly product content where relevant (e.g. customer case studies)
- Execute distribution of our content
- Own growth of our blog traffic and newsletter email list
- Manage and execute promotion of our content to a wider audience, e.g. outreach campaigns to mentioned & associated companies/influencers, ads and other
- Nurture relationships with partners and other content managers
- Manage repurposing of our content (e.g. Quora answers, Slideshare slides, YouTube videos etc.)
Your skills (what we expect)
- Excellent understanding of content for a product audience
- Reliability and commitment to publish pieces on time and on quality
- Ability to coach, manage, and edit a team of multiple remote writers
- Ability to adjust tone and style to match our audience (product managers, product marketers, product designers etc.)
- A keen interest in product / UX / user onboarding topics
- An advanced understanding of SEO and how to incorporate effective SEO into content
- Past experience as a content manager within the SaaS space with a portfolio of examples and campaigns run
- Past experience nurturing marketing opportunities with partners; guest posting, exchanges, etc.
Our ways of working
- Remote-first team; mainly based on US West Coast
- Reporting to Benjamin Brandall (Head of Marketing); working with Pulkit Agrawal (Co-founder & CEO)
- Collaboration tools: Google Docs, Slack, Trello
- CMS: Statamic (similar to WordPress)
- Other relevant tools: Buffer, Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Heap
- Competitive salary and equity
- Work on your own schedule
- Budget for home office equipment
- Work with great people with high quality standards and lots of hustle
Apply by sending an email to email@example.com with examples of your writing and prior work.