At Growth Machine, we work with Fortune 500 companies, Y Combinator startups, and leading Ecommerce brands to turn Content and SEO into a major growth channel. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Shopify, Ahrefs, and millions of people each month read the content we create for our clients.
But we don’t have time to share everything we’re learning about the world of SEO and Content. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a skilled content marketer to help create one of the best marketing blogs online. Someone who can share what’s working in the world of Content Marketing, as well as draw on the experience of the best experts in the field.
You’d be completely in charge of all content production at Growth Machine. Your goal would be twofold:
- Increase the number of people learning more about content marketing and SEO from us.
- Increase the number of people reaching out to work with us.
You’d get to look under the hood at how 100+ sites, some doing $100M+ in revenue, are using SEO and content to grow their business. And you’d get special access to some of the best marketers in the world to interview them and share their stories.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone experienced in content marketing to make a name for themselves in the online marketing community.
We want to have one of the best marketing blogs online, and we want you to be the face of it.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be in charge of all things related to content marketing for our business. You’ll get to define the role, but it will most likely include:
Run the Growth Machine blog: We have tons of stories to share from our customers success, and special insights into what’s working and what’s not in SEO. We also know tons of incredible marketers at other companies, and we want to share more of their stories. Getting the blog to 100,000+ monthly visitors in under a year is well within the realm of possibility.
Grow Our Email List: We haven’t put much effort into our email list, but it could be a great source of future clients. Along with producing content for the blog, you’ll be in charge of running an email newsletter sharing the work you’re producing.
Run Our Social Media: We are hilariously bad at doing anything on social media right now, but there are big opportunities, especially on Twitter and LinkedIn, to have more of a presence.
Repurpose Content to Other Media: Want to grow our YouTube channel? Take over the podcast we started? You’re in charge of finding the best additional content channels for us.
Optimize Our Conversion Funnel: Traffic is great, but it doesn’t pay the bills. You’ll test and optimize how we can increase the number of qualified leads contacting us.
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll primarily work with Nat Eliason, our CEO. He’s done most of the marketing up to this point, so he’ll be available to help you do anything you want to do in the role.
While these are not firm requirements, the more of these areas you can demonstrate skill in, the better:
- Content Marketing. You’ve grown a site to 100,000+ monthly visitors or been closely involved in a successful content marketing operation.
- Conversion Rate Optimization. You can optimize a site for conversions, and point to ways you’ve optimized sites around business goals in the past.
- Entrepreneurial. You’ll need to be creative in your role, so some kind of entrepreneurial impulse is good. Side projects, creative solutions to problems at your company, and experience founding or working for startups are all good signs of this.
- Persistent. You have the tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Strategic. You’re able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. You can determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Attention to detail. You don’t let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Remote Work: Some of us are based in Austin, but you don’t have to be. You can work from anywhere in a US timezone.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 100% covered for you and 50% for your family.
- Life Insurance: We cover life insurance for 2x your salary up to 200k, and you can add up to 500k in additional coverage.
- 401k: You’ll have access to a 401k to contribute to from your paychecks and bonuses.
- Stipend: $50 per month stipend for food and coffee while working
- Profit Sharing: Each quarter we’re profitable, a portion of that profit is split amongst the team.
- Vacation and Holiday: 20 days paid vacation time, and we take off all major holidays, including a week over the New Year. You’ll earn additional vacation days per year with the company.
- Team Retreats: Team trips each year to cities like Austin, LA, Chicago to get some time together in person.
- Work Timings US timezone