** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 – we’re experiencing it, too. There are two things we want you to know when it comes to hiring. First, we’re financially stable. We have a variety of well-established government contracts that we expect to continue over the next few years. Also, we’re winning new work, and we have a robust rainy day fund. Second, during video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little…harried. It’s OK if you are, too – we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors and employees and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As Head of People Operations you will facilitate bringing our values to our People Operations practices.
We are seeking driven, curious, and collaborative people to join our fully distributed team. We are looking for candidates who can create form from chaos, and for whom ambiguity is comfortable. The person in this role will play a critical part in cultivating our company’s internal culture.
In this position you will:
- Oversee the full suite of People Operations functions at Truss, including hiring and recruiting, employee engagement and performance management, payroll and benefits, and compensation planning.
- Work with Sales leads as well as Directors of Engineering, Design, Product, and Infrastructure/Security to manage staffing processes and tooling.
- Work closely with senior leadership to evolve our approach to cultural stewardship.
- Design and continually evaluate systems and processes to improve the efficiency of People Operations and its interactions with stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to managers and employees on topics such as performance management, coaching, career advancement, and mechanisms for accountability.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- 10+ years experience working in HR or People Operations in growing, matrixed organizations
- 5+ years experience in a senior leadership position
- Experience in consulting and / or software development environments is a plus
- Experience communicating according to the distinct needs of different constituencies, and ensuring that messages are accurate and of a quality and tone consistent with the organization’s leadership and culture
- Experience successfully managing a variety of stakeholders with disparate needs and availability
- Experience advocating for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Experience working in distributed or remote work environments
- A willingness to seek differing opinions and collaborate across the leadership team to solve complex problems
- Initiative with a bias for action
- Effective time and project management skills with the ability to prioritize work assignments, work collaboratively with others, and adjust schedules based on changing requirements.
We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
- Salary Offered $202,000-$243,000 per year.
- Total Years Experience 10-20
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs