The ideal candidate is someone that has held a senior Product Management role in a solution/software provider to the telecommunications space and has been frustrated by the “whatever the customer wants” approach to building scalable and repeatable product-based solutions. This individual will revolutionize the traditional on-premise, consulting approach to telco products with the power of standard cloud-based solutions. Domain experience in Telco, core networking, OSS/BSS stacks are required as is a commitment to usher in a wave of change for an industry that has been slow to adopt new approaches. A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in B2B Product Management, cloud software development and experience with AWS is required.
What You Will Be Doing
- Defining compelling cloud-based visions for our products
- Engaging sales and customers to educate them on our approach and sell the value of our solutions to them.
- Collaborating with technical product managers to define the industry specific features which are required to address the market requirements in a standard product offering
- Identifying business value by working with our sales, pre-sales teams and crafting innovative commercial proposals for customers.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Directly managing engineering teams
- Manage long product feature and defect backlogs
- Surveying customers on the top features they would like in the product
- Project managing delivery teams
Head Of Product Key Responsibilities
Your primary responsibilities will include building and communicating a killer 5-10 year Vision for ZephyrTel’s cloud-native software stack, developing clear product roadmaps for each ZephyrTel solution and working with Engineering and Operations to deliver market-leading products that create great customers experiences and revolutionize the TCO and business agility available to Telco customers.
In our environment, you must:
- Convince customers that radical product change is necessary and will provide massive benefits for them compared to the status quo.
- Create a company/product vision that excites the customer and is based on market research and business value
Look beyond the near-term and take a 5-10 year horizon of what will create a truly great company and product.
- Understand that quarterly roadmap deliverables and legacy customer commitments must be changed and broken to achieve great success.
- Replace broken commitments with a killer 5-year vision, so customers believe the changes are hugely positive
Engage C-level execs and convince them that the cloud can provide massive benefits for them.
- Build and lead a team of other Product Managers who can create great visions and reset customer expectations.
In this role, you must not:
- Believe your job is to turn a customer’s wish list into their product roadmap.
- Believe your job is basing a product decision solely on the needs of large customers requesting specific features to drive a particular deal.
- Believe your job is project managing engineering and tracking feature/bug commitments.
- Make technical decisions.
- 5-10 years in B2B Product Management for software and/or cloud products
- Product Management experience at a company which builds solutions (core networking, OSS/BSS, etc.) for communication service providers
- 3+ years of experience migrating software solution to AWS Public Cloud – prior implementations and a deep understanding of public Cloud.
- Experience in creating Product Vision and Roadmaps and building an execution plan.
ZephyrTel is serving the telecommunications industry worldwide with an extensive portfolio of cloud solutions for mobile, infrastructure, retail and customer experience. We are growing at a sustained pace and continuously extending our telco product range with new acquisitions. In doing that, we are committed to a remote, work-from-anywhere workforce model.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from our partners at Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.