Roles and Responsibilities
Packts IT Team is currently looking for a Cloud Engineer to join the Cloud team. We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated Cloud Engineer to assist with configuring and managing our environment. Working in a fast-paced environment to deliver results to both internal users and customers of Packt products. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and grow the architecture that Packt use as we move our on-premises infrastructure to the cloud.
- Project Delivery utilizing public cloud platforms
- Consultation on development and service improvement projects
- Management of Azure AD as an IdP to multiple other services
- Support of other business units for delivery of their projects on public cloud
- 3rd Line support for incidents and service desk tickets related to public cloud platforms
- Troubleshoot, own, and solve issues related to performance of cloud platforms.
Desired Candidate Profile
- 1 year managing resources in major public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, Oracle) with at least 6 months managing Azure AD, Okta, Shibboleth, Auth0 or similar.
- Experience managing and delivering business critical projects.
Good to have
- Experience migrating systems from on-premises to cloud-based solutions
- Experience managing Microsoft 365 technical stack
- Certifications in cloud technologies
- Experience of declarative Infrastructure as Code tooling (Terraform) and application configuration tooling (Kubernetes)
- Quick Learner: at Packt we have a lot of bespoke systems, which we are asked to support and maintain.
To be able communicate efficiently, especially with a remote position, we require that a successful candidate can communicate effectively through both written and spoken language.
Lead Talent Business Partner