Wren is a web app that makes it easy for anyone to calculate and offset their carbon footprint through a monthly subscription. Through a series of questions, the website calculates your carbon footprint and offsets your emissions so you can live climate neutral.
Subscribers choose to offset through a specific project, and then monthly updates are sent showing the progress their project made, like photos of the trees planted or satellite imagery of the rainforest protected.
You can see what’s next for our product on our public roadmap. Our product is still early and there’s a lot we want to add. Maybe you can help us!
Wren’s mission is to help end the climate crisis.
We plan to do this by empowering individuals. Individuals are the atoms that make up society. We need systemic change in order to mitigate the climate crisis, and systemic change comes from individuals.
Wren is a mission-driven business backed by mission-aligned investors like Y Combinator, Union Square Ventures, LocalGlobe, and many wonderful angel investors, including Paul Graham and Yancey Strickler.
We wrote a legally-binding Charter as part of our incorporation as a Public Benefit Corporation earlier in 2020. In the charter, we commit to being radically transparent, always evaluating our own effectiveness, and being a role model for how corporations should act. These are values that we expect every member of the Wren team to uphold.
Why this Role?
- Work on ending the climate crisis. Help launch campaigns that show the world we can end the climate crisis—it will just take work. Be a voice inspiring change.
- Learn firsthand how new ideas catch-on. Marketing to the first ten thousand user is a unique challenge, and there’s few ways to learn how it’s done. Join us to see what marketing at a startup looks like!
- Work with an amazing team. You’ll work closely with the cofounders of Wren, who launched it a year ago while they were USC students. We all really care about ending the climate crisis and work hard toward that goal, but we also like to smile, laugh, and have fun 🙂
- Have an impact. Your work will directly influence thousands of people to take action against climate change.
What you’ll do
- Brainstorm and launch diverse marketing campaigns for Wren—work on everything from emails to Instagram stories to online events.
- Talk with users and do market research to understand what messages resonate and how to reach our audience.
- Analyze how initiatives you launch impact Wren’s growth.
- Shape our marketing strategy and brand.
- Probably way more, you’re encouraged to try anything you come up with that you think could have results!
This might be for you if…
- You’re an excellent storyteller and communicator, and have experience telling stories over different media.
- You’re comfortable thinking quantitatively and ready to learn how to measure the performance of marketing initiatives.
- You like talking to people and are excited about the idea of interviewing Wren supporters.
- You’re creative and like to brainstorm new ways we could reach our audience.
- You like to work autonomously and have a lot of ownership over your work.
- You’re scrappy and willing to test ideas quickly on low budgets.
- You have a growth mindset and are always learning new things.
- You’re driven by our mission and want to help launch solutions to the climate crisis.
- You’re available to work full time for at least 10-12 weeks this fall.
- Competitive pay
- Work from anywhere (we may move into an office after COVID, but will always be happy to work remotely)
- Flexible vacation time