This position is to be based in India, with periodic travel required to Bangalore.
Upon interest, please apply directly to our Career Site:
The postholder is responsible for successfully implementing SGU’s marketing and communications strategy and plans in South Asia, including overseeing all marketing agencies in India, to ensure that SGU’s South Asia recruitment team can meet and exceed their student recruitment targets.
The following section outlines a more detailed, but not exhaustive, description of the duties pertinent to this post.
Key responsibilities and capabilities
- To oversee and manage SGU’s marketing agencies in South Asia (digital marketing, PR, print and distribution);
- To effectively implement South Asia marketing plans and to contribute to the development of India marketing strategy;
- As part of the above, to execute agreed marketing plans & activities for the SGU/Ramaiah partnership program/pathway and the MiniMed summer school at Ramaiah Medical College (RMC);
- Take part in developing marketing plans and pitches for any new partnerships in South Asia that SGU might consider entering, supporting the negotiations through market research and customer insight;
- To liaise with SGU’s South Asia recruitment team and ensure they are well-informed of all planned marketing activities in the country, and to obtain their feedback on the marketing activities planned and delivered;
- To lead on production of South Asia-specific publications and materials, including organising the print and distribution of these materials to SGU’s recruitment team and relevant B2B partners, and ensure all SGU’s microsites in South Asia are up-to-date;
- To develop and manage a monthly India B2B partner newsletters for South Asia to ensure SGU’s agents and school partners are well-informed and have attractive ‘talking points’ to share with their clients;
- To support promotion of information sessions and other recruitment events for SGU’s programs in South Asia;
- To monitor SGU’s perceived competitors in South Asia, online and offline, and to submit actionable recommendations and insights to Director of International Marketing & Communications on a monthly basis;
- To monitor the perceptions, needs, and preferences of SGU’s target markets in South Asia, and report on any changes in these and any new insights on a quarterly basis; this includes overseeing all customer surveys and market research;
- To oversee SGU’s marketing budget for South Asia, ensuring cost efficiency and that the monthly budget stays within the agreed limits, and be responsible for chasing, double-checking, accurately coding, and timely submitting all marketing invoices;
- To build strong relationships within the international marketing team, working collaboratively with other team members on regional and international initiatives and contributing to the team’s success and development;
- To develop a positive working relationship within Ramaiah leadership and marketing team, working collaboratively with Ramaiah on promoting the partner programmes;
- To work with the US/Canada marketing team on projects as required, and proactively contribute to developing the international marketing team’s good relationship with that team;
- To follow all marketing and communications policies and procedures including SGU Brand Guidelines, as well as all relevant company policies and procedures, and ensure that SGU’s marketing activities in India are fully compliant with national and local rules and regulations;
- To participate in meetings, planning sessions, events, and other activities of the international marketing team and the international recruitment team as appropriate.
- Increase SGU’s brand presence and awareness in South Asia
- Meet the target number of leads for different SGU programs (preclinical, MD4, partnerships)
- Build strong, positive relationships with all key stakeholders, internal and external
- Fluent in English (written and oral), with strong marketing copywriting and proofreading skills
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, with a strong track record of success, preferably in India.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of dealing directly with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Degree in Marketing, or in Business/Sales with a professional qualification in Marketing
- Experience of planning, implementing, and managing marketing campaigns and activities
- Experience of working within an international multi-site environment, communicating with offices around the world
- Able to work independently and as a team player, with a high level of initiative
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and thrive under pressure; results-orientated
- A friendly, professional manner and appearance
- Knowledge of International Education and Study Abroad industry
- Experience working in, or supporting Sales Recruitment activities (agent and school channels)
Problems with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Total Years Experience 0-5