Frontity is a distributed, vibrant tech startup born in Madrid, Spain. Our goal is to make building delightful user experiences universally accessible.
We have created an open source framework for building performant websites with WordPress and React easily. We are bringing to the table an innovative new way to build user interfaces for WordPress (which represents 34% of the web and growing) and we aim to become the de facto solution for the next generation of the web. Frontity framework is built on the principles of simplicity and collaboration, while using open source technology and embracing a thriving community of people who love the open web.
We have been working in modernizing the way WordPress works since 2015 and have a deep understanding of the ecosystem. We are a group of passionate professionals and we are looking to scale our team and build a solid foundation for our company’s future growth. You can learn more about our story and philosophy here.
This year Automattic (owners of WordPress.com, WooCommerce and Tumblr) invested in our company along with K-Fund, one of the biggest VC funds in Spain. In 2019, Frontity was one of the 8 startups selected to join the Google for Startups Residency Program in Madrid.
Details of this position
- Location: Remote
- Type of work: Full-time position
- Start date: Immediately
- Design and develop new features of the Frontity framework core and WordPress Plugins.
- Participate in the research phase of the new features, write design docs and give actionable feedback to other people’s work.
- Assist and help the rest of the developer team succeed. Be a team player.
- Become a technical reference of Frontity Framework. Both inside the company and towards the community.
- Help our developer relations team with technical assistance.
You will be a good fit for this position if:
- You are autonomous, proactive and resourceful. Not afraid of complex challenges and care about the things you’re building.
- Pay a great attention to detail. You always make sure that your work is solid and can be relied upon. You also help others to make solid work.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. You are good at making technical language understandable.
- Previous experience designing and developing JS Libraries.
Nice to have:
- Experience with open source projects
- A side project you have created yourself.
- You have managed WordPress sites before.
- Experience developing WordPress plugins and PHP.
- Experience in a previous startup.
- Social media presence (as a developer).
What we offer
- Competitive salary negotiable based on experience.
- Access to stock options plan.
- Flexibility to take time off when necessary, 28 days paid-vacation policy + 14 bank holidays.
- No extra hours. Never ever.
- 100% remote-friendly startup. If you don’t like to work from home, we will cover the cost of a coworking space.
- Join a small and friendly team that works in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Work on an open source product that can have a huge impact on millions of websites.
- Summer team retreat. So far we’ve been to Vienna, Paris, Belgrade, and Berlin.