On Deck is hiring a remote Operations Intern. This is an internship position that is 100% remote with no geographical restrictions. Work remotely from anywhere. On Deck – Where top tech talent goes to explore what’s next.
What you’ll do
- This will be the hardest internship you’ll ever have.
- If you earn it (and you should), you’ll have more autonomy and responsibility than any other internship you could take this Fall.
- You’ll work directly with Brandon Taleisnik (Employee #1, VP of Operations), Shriya Nevatia (Head of Fellowship Operations, previously Founder & CEO of The Violet Society), and Shiraz Dole (Operations Lead) on everything ops including:
- Fellowship Programming Calendar (everything from designing the experience to booking guests to hosting interviews)
- New events & initiatives (design & launch experiments to help fellows work together, learn from each other, and connect)
- Sweating the small stuff (ensuring we give fellows & speakers a highly professional experience with every last detail prepared, from cold email to thank you message)
- Ultimately, ensuring fellows have a mind-blowing experience unlike any other community they’ve ever been part of
- You’ll come away with hundreds (maybe thousands) of new relationships, connections, and an experience that is truly one-of-a-kind connecting top technology Founders & Investors with Fellows from around the world.
- The Operations team will be here for you. Any question, any ask, any meeting, anything you need — we will block time to make it happen.
Who you are
- Natural community-builder – understands the long-game, and how to cultivate positive-sum value
- High output, execution, and hustle – an ability to own all operations, and an eagerness to dive into the nitty gritty.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often scrappy, sometimes chaotic environment
- Passionate about startups & constantly learning about tech
- Serious about inclusion and creating a safe space for diverse individuals
- Has a strong “spirit of service”, where you think first how you can give, rather than take, and always seeking opportunities to support Fellows to the max of your ability.
- Meticulously detail-oriented and organized – able to juggle many priorities while not dropping any balls.
- Has great interpersonal skills, charisma, and enjoys building new relationships
- Has strong communication skills – verbal, written and presentation
- Work Timings U.S. PST-friendly hours