Float is the world’s leading resource scheduling app, helping more than 3,000 creative teams plan their time.
We’re hiring a remote Operations Manager to join our talented team of 20. This is a maternity leave cover, starting as a 6 month fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension.
You’ll play a key role in the business operations of Float, ensuring our team is set up to succeed and that our house is always in order.
We’re considering candidates looking for regular part-time (two days p/w) with potential to scale up depending on workload and availability. If you took time off to start a family and are looking to scale back up your working hours, this may be right for you.
You’ll report directly to our CEO, and will manage internal and external operations including:
- Payroll, benefits and expense management: You’ll be our go-to for payroll, benefits or expense-related questions.
- Basic accounting: You’ll pay vendor and team invoices, reconcile customer invoices, work with our accountant to keep things in check and create basic financial reports.
- Managing our hiring process end-to-end: From writing job descriptions like this one, to candidate management, and drafting contracts.
- Onboarding new starters: Ensuring new team members get off to the right start.
We’re looking for someone who has had demonstrable experience working in a generalist/operational role and reporting directly to senior leadership. Perhaps you worked for a large team and are looking to have a greater impact in a smaller team.
This role touches all parts of the business and you thrive on the variety that comes with this, and the satisfaction of helping others. You are a strong administrator, project manager and communicator that is equally comfortable interviewing candidates and diving into a spreadsheet.
You understand the legal differences between US Employees and Contractors – our team is a mix of both – and can leverage your experience to improve our policies in countries where we do have team members. Experience in US corporate tax is a bonus.
Our payroll is administered by JustWorks, and you’re familiar with payroll administration and PEOs
As our team is in many different time zones, we rely on clear, concise, written communication. This is one of your strengths, and it should be evident in your application. Experience working remotely and/or across time zones is preferable.
As this role reports into our Aussie-based CEO, we’re looking for someone with at least two hours crossover with Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
- 💼 Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you’d like to work out of home.
- 🏖 Work where you want: As long as you have great internet speeds, be wherever you want to be.
- 🏰 Annual team meetup: We get together as a full team every year, the last two were in Athens and Lisbon. We will continue this tradition when the time is right.
- ⚕ Medical, dental & vision: In the US, we pay 50% of your coverage, including partners and children.
- 🖥 Home Office Expense Budget: We help you kickstart or upgrade your home office setup.
- 💰 Team Liquidity Pool: Rewarding our team if there’s ever an exit
Salary range is USD $85K – $100K (At full-time hours or otherwise pro-rated). Compensation is benchmarked using 50th percentile San Francisco market salaries, with a cost-of-living index applied to your location. We assess your level during the interview process. If you are outside the US, you’ll be hired as a Contractor.
Applications close on Friday, 4th September and we will be in touch with eligible candidates by Friday, 11th September. For more information on our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team, visit our Float careers page.
Successful hires will be asked to submit to a background check confidentially processed by a third-party.
Please use the application questions to help us get to know you and your relevant experience. Your answers are a key criteria for our assessment and any answers that are ignored will mean your application is automatically disqualified.
Our CEO recently shared his best advice for improving your odds when applying for a job at Float. This is a great place to start.
We appreciate the time and energy that goes into crafting a job application, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback during the application stage due to the volume of applications we receive.