AvantGarde, LLC (AG) is growing again; and seeks to engage an Operations Manager who works on site at the civilian agency’s headquarter site, providing oversight and management of the entire team assigned on the AG contract. Support provided in both federal HR operations and human capital / Organizational Development (OD) strategic work. Work includes managing the operations of the contract work across various areas of human resources and other tasks that support agency programs. The current AG team works a combination of remote and onsite.
The Ops Manager serves as the primary onsite interface with the civilian Agency COR and maintains regular client interface with federal senior managers, directors, and leads. The Operations Manager is responsible for promoting and engaging in all client relationship management and employee relations with the team.
AG offers a comprehensive benefit package including a monthly commuter benefit worth $3,000 annually as well as immediate 401k and medical enrollment. This is a full time, 40 hours per week position. Due to the size of the contract and team, the manager’s work is 100% on site in Northern Virginia.
**NOTE:** The position will operate remotely until after pandemic restrictions are lifted and it is safe to return to the Agency’s headquarters location.
- Responsible for the management of the day to day operations under contract for and across all the agency Divisions that AG supports.
- Be the primary go to for Agency COR on contract matters, deliverables and management to contract costs.
- Responsible for adherence to contract metrics and management of quality plan.
- Ensure assigned Human Resource operational support work across numerous Divisions is performed successfully, in compliance with client contractual expectations. Work includes comprehensive management and tracking of daily contract performance metrics.
- Provide management and oversight of support teams working in each assigned Division to ensure delivery in accordance with the contract.
- Manage staffing for the contract and handle all employee performance by maintaining in person contact relative to assigned projects; ensure employees understand and meet client work delivery expectations; prepare and deliver employee position descriptions; ensure employees receive the proper training and development required to perform their work; and counsel and coach employees on performance and attendance matters; monitor and approve employee time and attendance.
- Work closely with various branch directors of the Agency to mitigate any challenges or issues that might arise with employee performance.
- Interacts regularly with the AG Senior Project Manager and or CEO to review overall portfolio success and provide timely alerts of client or employee concerns or potential new opportunities.
- Prepare and provide Monthly/Quarterly reporting on performance, accomplishments, utilization, risks, and milestones.
- Review and maintain awareness of the contract utilization budget prepared by Corporate Accounting.
- Responsible for the recruitment of new and replacement employees; screen and interview candidates for employment; arrange candidate meetings with clients; coordinate new employee clearance processing; and coordinate new hire corporate orientation and client onsite onboarding.
- Serves on the management team reporting quarterly to CEO on agency progress, contributing quarterly to development of company strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field desired or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of prior experience supporting Human Resource / Human Capital related contracts and or project teams.
- Prior hands on experience as contractor or sub-contractor on a large contract (10+ team management) with understanding and experience of tasks such as: human capital, HR, contract management, budgets, managing to metrics, team delivery and execution, kicking off new projects, development and management of QA plans etc.
- Prior hands on experience developing executive level briefings reporting on task and team operational progress.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience managing teams including working with senior level experts on the team. AG is looking for an operations manager who can manage in a dynamic environment, flexible method with creativity around improving the customer service experience, bringing new ideas and methods to the table, while leading in an engaging, empowering style to support and motivate a team for success.
- Ability to manage and juggle multiple task orders and workflows, high level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills essential.
- Exceptional ability to work independently as well as work collaborative in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills including excellent writing capability and effective interpersonal communication to establish relationships with employees and clients with a strong customer service orientation.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Some knowledge, expertise on the federal OPM hiring and talent management process and rules in order to effectively assign and manage project teams helpful (of note, 70% of this work is in the area of HR operations, primarily the staffing / recruiting process).
- Able to obtain a federal “Public Trust” security clearance; active or recent federal security clearance preferred.
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20