At Elo Entertainment, we build products serving a wide variety of gaming communities and millions of players. We are a data-focused company, with a heavy investment in esports and gaming, committed to transforming that data into powerful personal narratives through our products. We believe the future of gaming tools is to provide a more meaningful experience to our core audience. Our primary products are high traffic websites that improve game knowledge and strategy for players of competitive games.
As a Partnership Sales Lead for Elo Entertainment, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction on market segment opportunities, and then executing on building a fully organized sales funnel for those segments. This will include establishing a new network of contacts, if none currently exist, generating prospects and then managing relationships through the sales cycle into an active state.
You will work closely with senior management and the product teams to understand our current market offerings, as well as what limitations we may currently have in advertising delivery and be expected to provide insight on how we can improve our advertising product in order to better serve our partners and optimize our revenue. You will maintain active profiles and intelligence on partners, in order for us to be able to analyze the health of our partner portfolio, and identify potential risk profiles or missed opportunities. You will take an innovative and creative approach to pitching high value campaigns that excite potential partners and challenge our organization in how we think about advertising, and how we create a higher impact experience that feels authentic for our customers. You will support more junior members of the sales team by providing guidance on building a network, generating leads, feedback on negotiations, and general advice on how to improve organization and the sales process. You will report regularly on revenue targets, goals and market conditions and opportunities.
Elo is a fully remote company with a fully remote culture. In this aspect, we rely on each team member to be responsible and accountable for managing their time, working professionally and proactively with other remote team members, and valuing communication and transparency in all activities. If you are comfortable in a fully remote environment and are excited about working on products that serve millions of gamers in an exciting, fast-paced growth industry, Elo may be the right place for you.
- Identify new sales strategies and opportunities within targeted segments
- Generate new leads, establish new relationships and complete sales for advertising and sponsorships on our products
- Maintain and report on an organized sales funnel, from prospects to active relationships
- Understand our value offerings and how they will help potential partners, and be able to negotiate effectively based on that
- Be comfortable establishing a new network of contacts, in a new industry, without prior expertise in that industry
- Meet and discuss with existing partners to understand KPIs, and creatively build effective pitch materials
- Utilize data and insights to continually explore and understand how we can improve our value offering to partners
- Follow industry news and research in order to support clients better, as well as enable Elo to respond quickly to opportunities
- Execute in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of common web advertising ad units and strategies
- Creativity to develop unique sponsorship products that meet company needs
- High-level knowledge of gaming and bonus for esports
- Expert oral and written communication skills
- 2+ years experience in a sales organization
- Proficient in Excel and Google Documents
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Existing relationships with gaming companies or related endemic fields
- Comfortable understanding how statistics and data can inform broader narratives
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment balancing multiple projects without compromising attention to detail
- Propensity for independently managing workflow and multitasking
- Knowledge of traditional sports culture and content landscape is a plus
- Primarily based in a timezone between PST (UTC -8) and CET (UTC +1).
Why Elo Entertainment?
- Join an established brand, in an exciting growth industry
- Work on something you love, learn more about the games and the communities that drive them
- Work on experiences that serve millions of people
- Work with an empowered full stack team to build innovative new types of content experiences
- Fully remote: love where you work, live where you want
- Within US: full time salaried + benefits
- External to US: full time renewable 6-month contract
- Salary: Salary negotiable w/ commission and bonus structure
- Flexible work schedule & vacation policy
- To be able to evaluate your skills and get back to all candidates, please submit a case study of at least one example of your role in developing and executing on a sales pipeline / strategy.
- Total Years Experience 0-5