Graphy is hiring a remote Product Designer. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote with no geographical restrictions. Work remotely from anywhere. Graphy – Data collaboration in a visual, fun and flexible way.
The most exciting parts.
- Change the way teams work with and visualise data. What makes this such a complex and exciting challenge is striking the balance between building something powerful, flexible, and robust enough, yet intuitive enough for any user regardless of their technical ability or background.
- Zero to one. As one of the founding members of the team, you’ll have strong influence and ownership over large parts of the product and the company. You’ll be working directly with the CEO and a tight-knit product team to build a coherent and beautiful design language that will form the basis for the Graphy brand for years to come.
- Constant stream of new challenges. The pace at which Graphy is growing brings new technical and business challenges each day. There’s a very large and exciting opportunity ahead for us which requires us all to wear multiple hats, and keeps every day exciting.
We are Graphy 📊
We’re on a mission to reimagine how teams work with data.
Graphy is the all-in-one data collaboration platform where teams create beautiful and interactive dashboards, loaded with data from apps teams already use and love.
We are built with remote-first processes and have an office in London, UK. Backed by top tier VCs and Angel investors, we have an ambitious roadmap and are growing our team.
The opportunity 😎
London / Remote (BST to BST+2)
At Graphy, design matters deeply to us. We believe that data has gotten a bad rap. Highly technical, overly complicated tools have made working with data onerous, tedious, and difficult. Our goal is to make working with data light, joyful, and collaborative. And we know it’s going to take a lot of very good design to get there.
That’s where you come in: As the first full-time product designer at Graphy you’ll have the opportunity to help us build the next generation data platform from the ground up. You’ll also be instrumental in shaping our design culture, systems, and team. 🚀
What you’ll do 👩🏫
- Partner closely with Product and Customer Success to do in-depth qualitative and quantitative user research to deeply understand the problem space.
- Work through design problems from start to finish. Once you have a deep understanding of the problem space you’ll clearly articulate why these problems matters to our customers and what we plan to do to solve them.
- This includes experimenting with various solutions, creating flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual mockups and prototypes for new products and features.
- Partner closely with Product to build our product roadmap.
- You’ll also own our nascent design system:
- This includes researching best practices and taking inspiration from others.
- Work directly with the CEO to help create a beautiful, unique, and coherent design language and style for Graphy.
- Design and collaborate with engineers to implement new React UI components and improve existing ones.
What we look for 👀
- Great taste and ability to translate that taste into beautiful UI & visual design of modern products, balancing a maniacal focus on details with a pragmatic focus on the business goals.
- An ability to distill complex and often ambiguous problems into effective solutions that carefully navigate the right tradeoffs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for scaling Graphy’s team.
- Familiarity with tools such as Figma / Sketch / Framer / Invision.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- To be in a timezone between BST and BST+2.
It’s a plus if you have some experience with:
- Building React-based components.
- Designing animations & transitions.
- Building for accessibility.
- Rendering React components to Figma / Sketch / Framer.
💸 Competitive salary & options package
👩💻 Remote-first processes (or an office if you’re in London)
🔋 Personal growth fund and a bi-weekly afternoon dedicated to learning
🏖️ Retreats every 6 months in some cool place in Europe
💻 New equipment to build your own workspace (fully specced MacBook Pro or equivalent, monitors, software etc.)
🍿 Team activities (virtual lunches, livestream yoga, etc)
📚 Kindle + ebooks
📅 Flexible working
Our tech stack 🕹
We don’t expect you to be experienced with these, but in case you’re interested:
Now we would love to hear from you. Let us know a bit more about yourself below.
👉 Apply now 👈
Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a short bio and tell us about the most interesting project you worked on recently.