Our mission at Product Hunt is to surface great products every day and support makers building the future.
Product Hunt is a fully distributed team across 7 timezones. This full-time role is available for remote candidates from anywhere in the world.
Your primary responsibilities will include working with the team to identify opportunities to improve the product and build entirely new experiences that our community will love, across Product Hunt and YourStack.
- Digging into the data to identify opportunities and learnings.
- Talking to users to better understand their needs and motivations.
- Light project management to align the team and ship product.
- Exploring changes to the product and new areas for us to invest in.
- Working closely with the CEO, Ryan Hoover, to prioritize the roadmap alongside the rest of the team
What We’re Looking For
- Extremely self-motivated and autonomous. You’ll be given direction but it’s on you to figure out how to proceed.
- Analytical. You should have plenty of experience looking at the data to inform your decisions.
- Creative with strong product intuition. Data is a valuable tool but don’t use it as a crutch. You need to have an informed opinion and an imagination, especially when building something new from scratch.
- Systems thinker. You should understand how even the smallest change affect the entire system. Consumer products are all about nuance.
- Super detail oriented. Small errors or oversights should jump off the screen for you.
- A bit of playfulness. We’re serious about our work, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun together. 🙂
If this list (without exceptions) gets you pumped, we want to hear from you.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role (ideally building consumer products)
- Fully remote position
- Salary is dependent on location/cost of living and experience
How We Work
Every person adds to the culture of our team. We look for people that are:
- Curious – Product Hunt was founded with an experimental mindset, an important principle when building something new
- Authentic – People seek authenticity more than ever. It’s a value we hope to demonstrate inside and outside the company.
- Bold – Each person on the team should feel empowered to take measured risks to create outsized impact
- Empathetic – Launching a product is anxiety-inducing. It’s important each person on the team can empathize with makers and our community.
- Kittenish – We’re serious about our work, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun 🙂
We’re a distributed team across 9 countries including Bulgaria, Canada, France, India, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States. It’s important to us to build an inclusive team – across gender, ethnicity and experiences – to best serve our global community.
Benefits / Perks
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Gym stipend – Your health is important to us, too
- Fluid work schedule – We don’t believe in face time, work when you’re most productive
- Generous vacation time – Hard work deserves time off, so please take it
- Live wherever – We don’t care if you WFH or work from Hawaii (our team is fully distributed)
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds exciting and you’re able to meet the time commitment (we welcome people outside the US!), please follow these steps:
First, apply via AngelList here.
Second, send email@example.com your answers to the following:
- Why do you want to join the Product Hunt team for this specific role? What makes it a good fit?
- Can you link us to your profile on Product Hunt, Twitter, and LinkedIn?
- If you were tasked with the goal to increase the number of videos TikTok videos shared by its users (i.e. people viewing TikTok videos), what changes or features might you introduce? Please explain your thought process.
- Most importantly, what’s your favorite emoji? 😉
- Salary Offered $60k – $100k • 0.2% – 0.5% equity