You will be the CEO of a multi-stakeholder cross-functional ‘solver’ team. Great products aren’t built with engineering silos. We believe that in early-stage startups, there are no Engineering teams. There are only Product Teams. You will contribute to the culture and product DNA of Auctm and SquadStack. Squadstack takes the Joel Test. You will work directly with the founders.
At SquadStack, our vision is to create the ultimate sales acceleration stack for businesses around the world.
Our Products: Auctm, SquadIQ, ClassifyIt.
We are building the operating system for the US real estate teams of the future (~$100B in annual commissions).
Despite being a huge market it is extremely fragmented with lots of inefficiencies. The industry has been behind on tech. The systems and tools are reminiscent of Web 1.0, poor user interfaces, highly siloed, and built without consideration for data science, machine learning, design, open APIs, and other themes we’d consider fundamental to product and technology. There are systems of record, but there are no systems of intelligence.
Auctm fixes this all by giving the broker CEO a dashboard that helps them visualize their most important leading and lagging indicators and providing them with their most important insights. This allows them to focus on what’s driving delta in their business, and correct or double down on it, instead of sorting through endless spreadsheets and graphs to find causes or worse, not look at all. This then enables them to manage the three most important aspects of their business,
(1) their goals and sales attainment, (2) profitability, and (3) agent performance.
To close the loop, we provide a mobile app to agents, that integrates with the CRM. We built the app after conducting hundreds of interviews with agents so that they’d love it, and it functions as an EA from their phone, telling them what leads to reaching out to and how, who they need to meet with, and allowing them to dictate notes and feed in structured data to the CRM and broker dashboard, so all data is complete. All of this is fed into data science models learning from each action and modelling off the top performing agents while providing the broker insights on how to coach that agent to drive better results.
Business Model: The commission-driven pricing model native to real estate allows us to charge a percentage of transaction fees on top of the SaaS fee, similar to a fintech model (which is much higher upside and aligned incentives to the broker team).
The future of the industry, like many others, will be driven by technology. For the most successful brokers, instead of paying 10% annually of their commission to place a Coldwell Banker logo on their physical office, website, and business cards, they will be able to with the click of the button, become a tech-powered brokerage, reaping the benefits of well-designed technology with data science & machine learning built into everything. From “Coldwell Banker Susie’s Brokerage” to “Susie’s Brokerage, powered by Auctm”.
- Owning the roadmap & strategy to drive sustainable product-led growth
- You’ll be working on a “zero → one” and soon will start working on “one -> ten” problem with strong customer/user discovery
- You will translate the growth roadmap into detailed requirements and prototypes. You will project manage the backlog and the end delivery. You will always keep an eye on the quality of the solutions being delivered.
- You will brutally prioritize problem statements where the focus is on the reach, impact, and time-to-ship of a solution. You need to be passionate about understanding customer’s problems and dispassionate about what the best solution looks like. Be the voice of the users, understand what they need, and educate concerned stakeholders.
- Prioritize experiments and product changes in close collaboration with engineering, marketing, product design, and success team so as to move the needle across the entire funnel — from new user acquisition all the way through customer retention and expansion.
- Perform rapid iterations with a fail-fast approach. Build rapid low-fidelity prototypes.
- Looking at data & measure the experiment results. Define, own and grow one or more pirate metrics (as immortalized by Dave McClure – AARRR)
- Build & own backlog grooming sessions in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders. Keeping all the relevant stakeholders (biz development, customer success, design, engineering, biz operations, analysts) aligned during decision making (SPADE)
- Defining mutual contracts with interfacing product teams
- We are building a US focussed product. So there will be days when you’ll have to work across timezones in order to be able to interface with customers or the US team.
- Actively contribute towards growing the product culture at Squad
It’s up to the Growth team, and this role, in particular, to deliver an amazing experience from signup to launch. To do so, we instrument the user journey, find places where there could be friction, and build innovative products & features to speed users toward their goals. This role is a special opportunity for someone who enjoys the intersection of Product and Marketing, using data to help millions of users experience the magic of Auctm. You’ll build growth product experiences and infrastructure in order to grow the business exponentially.
- Know-how of technology that goes behind the product.
- 2+ years of product management/ product ownership experience.
- Experience in shipping high-quality B2B SaaS is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong analytical, and quantitative skills along with mastery over experimental design; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strong user experience sensibilities and familiarity with platform UI best practices.
- Adaptable and flexible. Comfortable being thrown into largely ambiguous environments; more of a tinkerer and innovator than polisher.
- User obsessed; highly dialled in on what it takes to enable users to succeed.
- Ability to clearly communicate and listen intently.
- Wise, curious, and independent learning machine.
- Flexible to work across timezone
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Traits & culture: Entrepreneurial & willing to go the extra mile. Manager of one. You can read more about our values and culture at: https://www.squadstack.com/culture/
What’s in it for you?
People who have joined us in the past have experienced tremendous growth. You will get to join our product team at a very early stage with significant potential for impact on our future growth. Check out our medium for more. 🙂
Being part of a small team, you will also work directly with the founders and have good transparency into
the business strategy, and get to see how a business is built. People who join Squad are extremely smart and you will end up forging lifelong bonds here. 🙂
- Location: We are fully remote till June 2021, but we do have our office open in Noida in case you want to work from the office you are free to do 🙂
- We will update you about our plan post in June 2021, as soon we make a decision on that front, but there would be a minimum of a 2-month window provided to help everyone on the team plan their travels to move back to the office.
- Joining Date: Tomorrow 😉
- Salary Offered INR 19-26 LPA + ESOPs