PRODUCT OWNER – CARDS
LOCATION: Anywhere, Anywhere
Xapo is a global fintech start-up on a mission to build a safe and global way to use money. We’re a fully distributed team, working remotely from more than 40 countries around the world.
We are seeking a Product Owner for Cards to join our global team. This full-time position is fully remote, meaning you can work from anywhere!
As Product Owner, you will be responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by the team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product. Among others, you’ll gather feature requests, schedule releases and coordinate sprints.
- Cooperate with Product Manager and Service Manager from design through execution and implementation;
- Bridge business needs with technology solutions, translate the business requirements into technical requirements;
- Facilitate conversations between the Business and Technology to determine the “what” and the “how” of product features;
- Cooperate and lead cross-functional teams if needed with a variety of internal groups as well as with external partners, primarily card payment processor and card scheme to identify new technical requirements and solutions, or to solve technical issues.
- Work closely with Product Manager and Service Manager to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and ROI;
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product;
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories;
- Set Sprint goals.
Oversee and manage development stages:
- Participate in scrum teams as the Product Owner;
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of specified and refined tasks to work on;
- Remove or mitigate impediments to the team progress, serve as the point of contact between teams and other departments and ensure the successful completion of Releases and Sprint Goals;
- Plan, execute and monitor UAT;
- Document new product features and system
Evaluate product progress:
- Monitor the product and the platforms’ performance, proactively identify process bottlenecks and lead initiatives to resolve discrepancies or other issues when identified, track and report issues through to resolution;
- Recommend and execute operational improvements, work with appropriate functional areas to simplify the way we do business and create a better client experience;
- Tracks product progress through visualization of workflow, issue status validation, roadmap planning and real time resources;
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities;
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging topics in software development;
- Be aware of competitors in the FinTech industry;
- Be up-to-date with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 5+ years;
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field;
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles;
- Being a Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Master is a plus;
- Experience and subject matter expertise in financial services, card payments and operations specifically is preferred;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Creative thinker with a vision;
- Driven and Self-motivated;
- Builds trust at all levels;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to perform under pressure in order to meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English;
- Experience working in Bitcoin or Cryptocurrencies is a plus.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high performance team
Xapo was founded to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin’s success and adoption—accessibility and security. In less than 4 years, it has managed to bring the cryptocurrency to the everyday life of millions of users around the globe.
Today, Xapo is expanding beyond Bitcoin to create a robust banking alternative that provides the same level of accessibility and security to all facets of your financial life. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve the opportunity to have more options, more control and more security in our financial lives.
Launched in 2014, Xapo has made an unparalleled investment in security infrastructure, assembled a renowned advisory board, and raised $40M from top venture capital firms in Silicon Valley & the world.
Xapo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to our success as a global company. A diverse, inclusive workplace enables us to create products that best serve our customers all around the world. It is the foundation of Xapo.
- Total Years Experience 5-10