Join Material World as a Remote QA Tester!
Did you know that Fashion is the second most polluting industry in the world after Energy?
We are a venture-backed fashion tech company ($20M+ raised) that eliminates the addiction to fast fashion and waste by sourcing the best pre-owned designer items and delivering them to customers in a curated, highly personalized monthly box.
To do this, we have to solve complex personalization problems and combine the best of human and machine. The result? Unique items delivered to customers at up to 90% off retail, and new life given to amazing fashion that would otherwise be wasted.
So how does it work?
Every month, a stylist uses our software to curate 5 items, which are shipped for customers to conveniently try on at home, purchase what they like and return the rest. Additionally, box customers, as well as anybody else, can sell us items that no longer bring them joy and get paid up front.
Our team is globally distributed, our fulfillment center is based in New Jersey, and our customers are all US based. We are looking for a new QA tester to join our growing team working remotely full-time (9 AM – 5 PM EST).
Some specific things you will do
- Serve as the principal guardian of quality for software that we release to production
- Participate in sprint planning and estimation, in particular estimating QA complexity and respective resources required
- Create and maintain documentation for our manual tests, in particular our “core flows”
- Think critically about our existing QA practices and how we can improve them
- Perform manual tests on new features and bug fixes
- Brainstorm edge cases for new features and communicate with engineering so we can write robust code
- Communicate clearly and concisely while owning tasks. Nothing can happen at a remote start up without effective communication and independence
- Investigate customer feedback and flag potential bugs issues to our engineers as needed
You will have ownership and autonomy to do great work. Your voice will help choose the processes we follow and create the kind of QA culture other amazing people want to join.
Tools we use
- Fully fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills – clear communication is the key for this role
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Creative thinking for how you can break things
About Material World
Founded in 2012 by two Harvard Business School graduates and raising $20 Million to date, Material World is backed by top-notch investors and ecommerce pioneers such as Zozo and Farfetch. We have been featured in the New York Times Sunday Style, Wall Street Journal, Refinery29, Huffington Post, Glamour, TechCrunch, and Fox News. Our team is globally distributed and our circular fulfillment center is based in Secaucus, New Jersey.