World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global technology integrator and supply chain solutions provider. Through our culture of innovation, we inspire, build and deliver business results, from idea to outcome.
Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HPE, Dell EMC, NetApp, VMware, Intel, AWS, Microsoft, and F5, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. WWT is a $12 billion dollar privately held organization that employs more than 6,000 people and operates in more than 2.5+ million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the ninth consecutive year and was awarded for multiple categories on Glassdoor’s 2019 Employees’ Choice Awards, honoring the Best Places to Work.
Experience: College degree (or equivalent experience) with a moderate amount of experience in the field of employee safety.
Accountability / Role:
This is an individual contributor role that reports to a Manager. This position requires moderate understanding of employee safety and contractor safety concepts and practices. Will need to be able to work within a team as well as independently.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams at all levels to accomplish shared project goals.
- Assisting with identifying and implementing operational change that has impact on the achievement of team objectives.
- Requires innovative/conceptual thinking within a compliance/safety discipline.
- Develop written safety plans, through research, interviews, inspecting and reviewing areas, equipment, processes, and work activities.
- Assist in PS/IS safety audits, third party customer audits and registering with various platforms to drive successful assessments.
· Implement, communicate and conduct training on a variety of safety topics for employees at all levels of the organization.
· Analyze and compile data and generate reports, verify data and distribute reports.
- Collaborate with employees at all levels while guiding and documenting the incident analysis process as it applies to safety events.
· Maintain training data, inspection data, safety audits, and other related documentation.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of Job Hazard Analysis and Hazard Assessment programs.
- Promote platforms for continual improvement, such as Quality, Lean, 5S, CIP, etc. to help drive excellence in global safety.
· Implement and organize safety promoting events and activities, as assigned.
· Develop, implement, and participate in other projects, as assigned.
Functional / Technical Skills
- Safety Compliance Concepts (Intermediate)
- Safety Hazard Identification (Intermediate)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate)
- Data Analysis (Foundational)
- Root Cause Analysis (Foundational)
- Legal and Risk Concepts (Foundational)
- WWT Knowledge (Foundational)
- Job Specific Software (Foundational)
- Peer Relationships – Can solve problems with peers; is seen as a team player.
- Priority Setting – Spends time on what’s important; can sense what will help/hinder accomplishing a goal.
- Time Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on priorities; can attend to a broad range of activities.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; energized by challenges; seizes opportunities.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can cope with rapid change; can shift gears comfortably.
- Presentation Skills – Effective in variety presentation settings.
- Problem Solving – Uses logical methods to solve problems; probes for answers; uses honest analysis.
- General knowledge of international industrial and construction standards
- General knowledge of international telecommunication/electrical safety standards
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.