As an Salesforce Developer at KVH, you’ll develop software to help automate and accelerate KVH’s business. You’ll leverage your analysis, design, coding and collaboration skills to create both in-house and customer-facing applications, leveraging the Salesforce platform. You’ll develop expert-level knowledge of core Salesforce technologies through both training and daily hands-on development, and work toward increasing levels of competency and developer certifications. You’ll develop solutions in well-organized, constantly improving Agile team in which each members contributions and suggestions for optimizing productivity and effectiveness are highly valued.
- Develop customized solutions on the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals.
- Communicate with project managers, clients and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment.
- Working within an Agile or Kanban project management framework.
- Carefully maintain code and enable collaboration through version control and configuration management tools.
- Build quality into your code and designs through test-driven development (TDD)
- Work with end-users to analyze requirements, and de-compose narratives into precise user stories. Derive tasks from user stories, and write, deploy and test code to implement stories.
- Engage the global Salesforce developer community to solve problems and identify best practices.
- Maintain and extend your Salesforce and broader coding and professional engineering through training, tinkering and collaboration
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or Math.
- 2+ years as a hands-on developer experience on the Force.com platform;
- Solid knowledge of a modern development language such as Python, Java, C#, Ruby or Go.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database design.
- Experience with JIRA or a similar project-and-issue management tools.
- Experience, or strong knowledge, of the Agile development methodology.
- Strong Excel or Google Sheets skills.
- A very high degree of curiosity, and a strong commitment to keeping at the forefront of Salesforce technologies and modern development practices.
- Strong communications, collaboration and organizational skills. Thorough command of spoken and written English.