Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Sr. Accountant to assist with the development of our accounting function. As one of our early finance team members, you’ll have the opportunity to develop yourself in the role described below and take a key role in building processes, procedures and programs to support the finance and accounting function.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or Remote US
As a Sr. Accountant, you’ll …
- Own the management and collection of credit card transactions, the coding, approval of vendor invoices and the day-to-day correspondence of vendor inquiries regarding invoicing and services
- Assist with the monthly close process, and the completion of standard financial statements and other financial reports for Webflow
- Oversee the processing and coding of business-related expenses incurred by employees and contractors through Abacus and Compt
- Manage vendor and contractor relationships, including processing of all related expenses
- Manage the distribution of financial statements and other financial reports to the management team and assist with informational requests from the management team.
- Support the informational requirements for audits and other regulatory requirements from governmental agencies.
- Assist with the informational requirements for all tax filings required by the city, state and federal governments, including sales tax.
- Assist with the development, documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls for Webflow
- Support the Management team and consultants in the building of
- budgets and operating reports
At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute and grow in a direction that is aligned with your interests. Your professional development is a priority at Webflow.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Sr. Accountant if you:
- Have experience in progressive accounting experience in a public, private, or start-up company
- Have General Ledger accounting experience with knowledge in preparing journal entries and performing month-end procedures
- Are accustomed to managing a large transaction volume.
- Possess strong understanding of GAAP and accounting principles
- Are experienced working in an environment where processes and procedures are being developed.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are a proactive person who can multitask, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Are detail-oriented individual who has a high sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
- Have Experience with handling sales tax and other miscellaneous local government taxes.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will not only be defined by what we do — but by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.