SageSure is seeking a Senior Designer who can design and implement solutions for our SaaS platforms. The Senior Designer will be responsible for design processes throughout the organization.
At SageSure, designers are engaged in projects from inception to ensure their understanding of the project scope and any possible constraints. To paraphrase the photographer Stephen Shore, SageSure believes design is not “the decorative sauce poured on top of content.” This role is an opportunity to give expression to that belief. As Senior Designer, you will work directly with product and engineering teams throughout the software development life cycle. The Senior Designer will infuse strategic, modern design patterns and paradigms into SageSure’s insurance platform in order to help protect our customers most important assets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support design functions throughout the company
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other designers—from brainstorming to implementation—and facilitate cooperation and roadmapping among relevant parties
- Create and execute designs, from a blank slate and within an existing system
- Explain the intent, decisions, and goals of proposed design solutions
- Design product solutions reflective of engineering requirements
- Incorporate constructive feedback through design iterations
- Facilitate input on improving product features by articulating UX/UI tradeoffs in product requirement specifications
- Contribute in devising strategies to bring clarity, coherence, and consistency in design language across a variety of customer-facing web applications
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of experience in a design role
- A track record of demonstrating proficiency as a senior designer (quality visual designs showcasing your eye for detail; clear and thoughtful writing illustrating your ability to explain the rationale and process behind your design)
- Experience with digital tools creating artifacts that illustrate complex workflows or processes in order to aid defining problems and finding solutions
- Fluency in Sketch and Invision
- Creating interactive prototypes in order to communicate the design and functionality of new features
- Experience abstracting narrow design decisions into broad, reusable design patterns across multiple software products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain design decisions for review by product stakeholders and implementation by engineering
SageSure is an innovation-focused insurance and technology company specializing in underserved property markets. As the leading homeowners insurtech organization in the U.S. measured by premium and profitability, we offer more than 40 competitively priced insurance products on behalf of our carrier partners, serving 300,000+ policyholders. SageSure partners with a growing network of insurance agents and brokers in 14 coastal states. Since our founding in 2005, we have been modernizing property insurance through our market-leading online quoting and binding platform and our sophisticated modeling and scoring technology.
If shaping the future of an industry sounds exciting, you’ll love working at SageSure! We have the passion and drive of an insurtech startup with the experience and stability of an insurance company. We provide generous health benefits and perks, including a matching 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, gym allowance, paid volunteer time off, unlimited snacks and more. We have eight office locations—Jersey City, NJ; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Tallahassee, FL; Cincinnati, OH; Houston, TX; Mt. Laurel, NJ; and Cheshire, CT—as well as numerous remote employees across the country. Come join our team of energetic, innovative problem solvers!
- Total Years Experience 0-5