Gatsby is hiring a remote Senior Director of Product Marketing. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote with no geographical restrictions. Work remotely from anywhere.
Gatsby – Build blazing fast, modern apps and websites with React.
Named as a Rising Star on the 2019 Forbes 100 Cloud List, Gatsby has quickly grown to be one of the largest and most exciting open source projects on the web. We’re a modern website framework that builds performance into every website by leveraging the latest web technologies. Create blazing fast, compelling apps and websites without needing to become a performance expert.
As a remote-first, community-focused team, Gatsby’s core values include transparency (we work in public most of the time); creating a safe, high-trust team; building incredible developer experiences; maintaining a healthy working environment; and helping deliver web experiences that feel amazing to use on every device and connection type.
Details of the role
- Type of Work: Full-time
- Location: Remote (preference for UTC-8 to UTC+4)
- Reports to: VP of Marketing / COO
Why we’re hiring
We are looking for an experienced product marketing leader who can drive our commercial strategy by growing open source adoption and commercial cloud usage.
Why this is interesting
Gatsby has an amazing brand in the developer community. In fact, Udemy’s latest 2020 Workplace Learning Trends Report, found that the number 1 new skill its users are most interested in is Gatsby (pretty sweet, right?). We need someone to take this momentum and run with it, making Gatsby feel inevitable for anyone looking to build an amazing site or app.
Every day will look different, but a lot of them will involve…
Building a Highly Effective & Collaborative Product Marketing team
- Balance the needs of a highly technical open source audience along with the commercial needs of agencies and enterprise customers. Your team will drive the content strategy that drives all of this.
- Bring a highly collaborative style across the company, especially with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering.
- Effectively prioritize activity and resources within a demanding high growth company so your team focuses on the highest-impact projects.
- Recruit, support, and retain a talented (and really cool) team that is responsible for Gatsby’s success.
Driving Results with Internal & External Stakeholders
- Roll up your sleeves, meet users, customers and partners to understand their world and why Gatsby matters to them.
- Partner with the Product team to define personas and use cases to build a repeatable go-to-market model and commercialization strategy.
- Drive ongoing adoption of Gatsby by connecting the product roadmap with our go-to-market strategy, mapping priorities to opportunities in the market.
- Bring a data-driven approach to our marketing and content strategy to drive efficient growth.
- Create high-visibility product launches that showcase innovation, grow our community and drive new revenue.
- Leverage Gatsby’s performance metrics to make sure you’re putting effort in where it counts, including user engagement, customer acquisition cost, churn, etc.
- Articulate Gatsby’s vision and strategy through compelling customer stories that inspire, motivate, and lead to revenue generation.
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert to help shape the commercial strategy.
You should have experience in…
- Marketing to developers
- Marketing a Freemium or Open Source product
- Scaling an early stage startup
- Creating commercialization strategy
- Developing and marketing to different personas
- Cross-team collaboration with internal stakeholders such as Product, Growth, Engineering, etc.
- Creation of pricing plans, product editions, promotional bundles etc.
- B2B marketing
The best parts of this job
- You will have a ton of autonomy. The potential to drive change and own this aspect of Gatsby is limitless.
- We’re building the future of the web, so needless to say, you’ll get to work on a very cool product. Someone we recently talked with referred to it as “the hotness.” We liked this description.
- Empowering people is really important to us, so you will be able to have a huge impact on the success of the company and the experience of many employees.
The worst parts of this job
- You’re going to have to build things from scratch. Gatsby is a young organization not everything is in place. For the right person however, this may be one of the best things about the job.
- We’re currently well established in the open source space, but less so in the commercial space. You’ll need to grow both.
- We’re fully distributed, which is awesome, but it can prove to be a challenge when managing a growing team.
Benefits and perks
- Unlimited vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days paid vacation time
- Amazing health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family (US only)
- 3 months of paid parental leave covering both adoption and foster placement
- Stock options in a fast-growing startup
- We’re remote first, so skip the commute
- Set up costs for a home office OR coworking/private office reimbursement
- New laptop of your choice
- Wifi and cell phone bill reimbursements
- Fly to cool locations 3x/year for company-wide meetups (or whenever that becomes a thing again)
- Gatsby Sabbatical: 4 weeks paid vacation after 4 years tenure
Equal opportunity statement
Gatsby is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cultivating inclusivity and diversity is a top priority.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Gatsby does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Gatsby.