PagerDuty is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer that is passionate about testing and test automation for business-critical systems in a fast-paced environment. This candidate will interface with business partners from finance, sales, legal, and marketing as well as engineering teams, to develop appropriate test coverage and work to automate test use-cases. In addition, this person will develop a deep understanding of process and workflow streams across all the different business functions. Major responsibilities will include manual testing, creating test strategies, creating and executing tests, identifying and investigating bugs, automating testing activities, and keeping accurate records of tests performed and pass/fail results for business owner review and signoff. This role will require the ability to drive testing process improvements. This role also requires a strong work ethic in order to meet key deadlines, the ability to deliver consistently in a high-growth environment, and experience meeting compliance and control requirements.
- Perform extensive QA on billing flows (including self-serve and sales-assisted selling motions) to ensure the quality and accuracy of the workflows.
- Perform extensive QA on business systems to ensure the quality of the system enhancements or bug fixes.
- Follow the standard process for reporting any issues identified and work with Salesforce and billing team to resolve them.
- Explain technical problems or issues easily to technical and non-technical resources.
- Continue to improve and enhance the QA process; including automation of testing.
- Develop QA automation programs and streamline current QA efforts
- Design and implement robust and scalable test solutions.
- Participate effectively in a scrum team environment.
- Review new changes going into test and staging environments
- Develop new test services focused on release readiness and validation
- Develop and execute end-to-end/system test plan.Set up and maintain test configurations for end-to-end/system testing.
- Write documentation to the business and end users.
- 3 years experience in agile software QA with a focus on release based testing
- 2 years of experience with developing and executing end to end or system test plans
- Understanding of software QA methodologies, tools and approaches (black box and/or automated testing) in a software company with short release cycles
- Experience working in a SaaS based environment
- Experience building automated UI tests through clicks
- Experience with testing automation tools; WebdriverIO or Core Selenium or similar tool preferred
- Experience in scrum/agile
- Experience with SalesforceExperience with Zuora, Netsuite, or Marketo preferred
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- 401K with 1% match
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Paid employee Volunteer Time – 20 hours per year
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Total Years Experience 0-5