Mokriya’s mission is to make great software: for ourselves, for our clients and most importantly for our users.
You love to build. When you’re not at your job, you’re probably tinkering on some contraption in the basement or figuring out how to take apart <insert-something-you-bought-recently>. You get a thrill from figuring out a clever way to solve a problem. You are a good developer with strong programming fundamentals and you really take pride in knowing the ins and outs of the programming languages and libraries you are working on. You are a product-focused Engineer that cares about details and—this is obvious—you take pride in your work.
Why should I be excited to work here?
- is a highly scalable, elastic, cloud-based SaaS offering that performs detailed risk analyses
- is based on open source technologies (such as Apache Spark, Apache Parquet) and Cloud-based technologies (such as Amazon S3, Amazon EKS, Amazon Aurora and Snowflake) and leverages the latest advances in database tools, vector processing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and geographic visualization tools
- utilizes a unique Big Data approach scaling to massive sizes over time, large scale distributed data processing technology, and best-in-class virtualization technology
- Expertise in Java and Scala
- Expertise in cluster computing technologies such as Apache Spark or Hadoop MapReduce
- Experience in columnar data storage format such as Apache Parquet
- Familiarity with relational and big data such as Postgres, HDFS, Aurora, Dynamo and similar technologies
- Familiarity with Git and build automation tools such as Maven
- Strong skills in analytic computing and algorithms
- Strong mathematical background, including statistics and numerical analysis
- Knowledge of advanced programming concepts such as memory management, files & handles, multi-threading, and operating systems
- Experience in unit testing techniques
- Passion for finding and solving problems
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner
- Software Development Life Cycle experience including planning, designing, development, testing and debugging. Proven track record of on-time delivery
- Master of Science in Computer Science or Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with 5 or more years’ experience.
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python or R
- Experience in performance measurement, bottleneck analysis, and resource usage monitoring
- Significant experience in multi-threading and memory management
- Familiarity with probabilistic and stochastic computational techniques
- Experience with data access and computing in highly distributed cloud systems
- Experience in agile development
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10