Shopify is hiring a remote Senior UX Manager, Retail. This is a full-time position that can be done remotely anywhere in EMEA.
About the role
The Retail UX team is responsible for creating in-person selling experiences for small to medium businesses around the world, through our award-winning hardware and industry-leading POS apps. The UX team is responsible for product and industrial design, user experience research, content strategy, and UX development. Together with Product and Engineering teams the UX team champions the exploration, validation and design of innovative solutions that solve real problems in the quickly-evolving world of retail.
As a Senior UX Manager, your role will be to build and guide a team while you develop new products around international requirements to serve merchants in new ways on the Shopify platform. We know that language, payment methods, & shipping solutions can function fundamentally differently around the world – we need you to help us consider the breadth and depth of these challenges and deliver simple, scalable experiences.
Shopify is now Digital by Default. However, this role does require you to be based in the EMEA region so that it is easier for you to collaborate closely with your colleagues and connect with Shopify merchants in the region.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating with cross-functional leaders to develop the roadmap for Shopify’s Product
- Building and growing the Retail International UX team
- Nurturing your team’s expertise in their craft and supporting their growth
- Holding a high bar of quality to ship exceptional user experiences on your projects
- Developing and shipping with speed and consistency. We have immediate needs to deliver on our product roadmap today, while setting the vision for tomorrow
- Being a strategic partner with your Product Management, Engineering, and Commercial peers to define the overall strategy and direction for Retail’s International Growth group in the EU
- Contributing to our growing Polaris design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Shopify platform
- Excellent communication skills. We can’t emphasize this enough. In addition to your local team, you’ll be working extensively with a team that is 2000km’s and 6 time zones away. You’ll need to find succinct and sustainable ways to work internationally while embedding these healthy practices into the UX team you’re building
- Experience bringing a product or brand global
- Experience leading and building teams in multidisciplinary UX environments and having baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (Product Research, Product Design, and Content Design) with deep expertise in one of these areas
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Experience in international markets in Europe and working with dispersed teams
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn as much as possible about how they use Shopify on every platform
- An ability to make great decisions quickly
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
This posting will close whenever we have found the right candidate.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.