To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. Our developers often “own” features/tasks and are responsible for scoping, development, and testing.
- You’re an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over communicating.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see and are excited to work on tasks that impact thousands of users.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re a team player who is comfortable working alongside and helping other developers, and you don’t take critical feedback personally.
- You’re happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks, or tackling tasks which require both.
- You’re happy working on tasks of all sizes – from small bug fixes and enhancements to large features/rewrites.
- Triaging bugs and small enhancements that come into GitHub.
- Scoping, writing, and testing new product features and add-ons.
- Refactoring legacy code with a particular attention to backwards compatibility.
- Providing feedback and peer review for other developers (Github PRs).
- When tickets are escalated, debug customer issues in our help desk.
- Professional experience with WordPress plugin development, architecture, and standards.
- Advanced proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, traits, interfaces, etc).
- String familiarity with JavasScript (vanilla JS, jQuery, etc).
- Ability to use and extend build tools like webpack.
- Familiarity with package managers such as NPM.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Eg Stripe, MailChimp, Zapier, etc).
- Competent with version control through git and GitHub.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
- Experience with e-commerce platforms or related APIs (WooCommerce, Stripe, PayPal, etc).
- Experience with DevOps or infrastructure management.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Africa, Ireland, Philippines, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 60 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates will be asked to do a simple code challenge.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!